TED演讲:听到的色彩(2)
时间:2019-01-18 作者:英语课 分类:TED演讲国际问题篇
英语课
I didn't have to think about the notes. 对这些调子已经不需多加思索。
And after some time, this perception 1 became a feeling. 再过一段时间,这种知觉就变成了一种感觉。
I started to have favorite colors, 我开始有了喜欢的颜色,
and I started to dream in colors. 我的梦里也开始有了色彩。
So, when I started to dream in color is when I felt that the software and my brain had united, 所以,当我有了彩色的梦时,我知道这个软件已经和我大脑合为一体了,
because in my dreams, it was my brain creating electronic sounds. It wasn't the software, 因为在梦里,是我的大脑在制造电子声音,而非这个软件,
so that's when I started to feel like a cyborg. 此时我觉得自己像个半机械人。
It's when I started to feel that the cybernetic device was no longer a device. 我开始意识到这个神经控制装置不再仅是一个电子装置。
It had become a part of my body, 它已经成为我身体的一部分,
an extension of my senses, 我知觉的一种延伸,
and after some time, it even became a part of my official image. 不久之后,它甚至成了我官方形象不可分割的一部分。
This is my passport from 2004. 这是我2004年的护照。
You're not allowed to appear on U.K. passports with electronic equipment, but I insisted to the passport office that what they were seeing, 在英国的护照相片上,你是不能戴任何电子装备的,但我坚持跟护照处的人说,你们看到的,
was actually a new part of my body, 其实是我身体新的一部分,
an extension of my brain, and they finally accepted me to appear with the passport photo. 是我大脑的延伸,最后他们同意了让我以这样的形象出现在护照上。
So, life has changed dramatically since I hear color, 所以自从我能听见颜色,我的生活发生了翻天覆地的变化
because color is almost everywhere, 因为颜色无处不在,
so the biggest change for example is going to an art gallery, I can listen to a Picasso, 最大的改变就是去艺术画廊,例如,我能听到毕加索了。
for example. So it's like I'm going to a concert hall, 这感觉就像去音乐厅,
because I can listen to the paintings. 因为我能到听到那些绘画作品。
And supermarkets, I find this is very shocking, 还有超市,这真心让我惊讶,
it's very, very attractive to walk along a supermarket. 在超市里漫步真的非常,非常吸引人。
It's like going to a nightclub. 就像去泡夜吧一样。
It's full of different melodies 2. Yeah. 耳边总响起不同的旋律。是这样的。
Especially the aisle 3 with cleaning products. 尤其是那条卖清洁用品的过道。
It's just fabulous 4. 真是太神奇了。
Also, the way I dress has changed. 而且,我穿着的方式也变了。
Before, I used to dress in a way that it looked good. 以前,我只穿看起来还行的。
n.感知,感觉,觉察(力);认识,观念,看法
- What's your perception of the matter?你对此事有什么看法?
- He was a man of keen perception.他是一个感觉敏锐的人。
曲调( melody的名词复数 ); 旋律; 乐曲的音符编排; 美妙的音乐
- The two melodies are played in counterpoint. 用对位法来演奏这两首曲调。
- And now for your further delectation, we present a selection of popular melodies. 为使你们更加愉快,我们奉献给你们一组精选的流行歌曲。
n.(教堂、教室、戏院等里的)过道,通道
- The aisle was crammed with people.过道上挤满了人。
- The girl ushered me along the aisle to my seat.引座小姐带领我沿着通道到我的座位上去。
标签:
TED演讲