TED演讲:小国家的大想法--摒弃化石燃料(10)
时间:2019-01-18 作者:英语课 分类:TED演讲国际问题篇
英语课
People feel powerless, and they are tired of not being heard. 群众很多时候都会觉得自己有心无力,他们再也不希望自己的呼声被无视了。
So what we do is concrete things, 所以我们要做的是基础观念的建立,
and we translate technical issues into citizen language 把专业问题转述成百姓听得懂的语言,
to show that citizens have a role to play and can play it together. 这样才能让他们觉得有责任团结一致贡献自己的力量。
For the first time, we're tracking the promises that were made on clean transportation, 我们首次紧密地监督对无污染交通系统的承诺,
and politicos know that they have to deliver it, 政客也知道他们需要去传达这个理念,
but the tipping point will come when we form coalitions 1 -- citizens, companies, champions of public transportation 但是当我们形成了坚固的联盟--民众,公司,公共交通系统的拥护者
that will make electric mobility 2 the new normal, especially in a developing country. 我们就会势不可挡地将电力交通转换为新的常态,特别是在发展中国家。
By the time the next election comes, 在下一届选举到来的时候,
I believe every candidate will have to disclose where they stand on the abolition 3 of fossil fuels. 我相信每一位候选人都必须在摒弃化石燃料使用的这一问题上表态。
Because this question has to enter our mainstream 4 politics. 因为这一问题势必会成为政治主流。
And I'm telling you, this is not a question of climate policy or environmental agenda. 我还要告诉你们,这并不是一个气候政策的问题,也不是一个保护环境的议程。
It's about the country that we want and the cities that we have 这一切都是为了我们想要的一个理想国度,我们拥有的城市,
and the cities that we want and who makes that choice. 我们想要的城市,以及由谁来做这些决定。
Because at the end of the day, what we have to show is that development with renewable energy is good for the people, 因为到最后,我们要展现的是,可再生资源的发展对人们是有益处的,
for Costa Ricans that are alive today and especially for those who haven't been born. 对今天活着的哥斯达黎加人,对还未出生的哥斯达黎加人都有益处。
This is our National Museum today. 这是我们的国家博物馆。
It's bright and peaceful, and when you stand up in front of it, 明亮而平和,而当你站在它面前时,
it's really hard to believe these were military barracks at the end of the '40s. 很难相信这里曾经是40年代末的军营。
We started a new life without an army in this place, 我们在这个没有军队的地方展开了一段新的生活篇章,
and here is where our abolition of fossil fuels will be announced one day. 而这里终有一天也会是我们向全世界宣布摒弃化石燃料的地方。
And we will make history again. Thank you. 我们将又一次创造历史。谢谢。
结合体,同盟( coalition的名词复数 ); (两党或多党)联合政府
- History testifies to the ineptitude of coalitions in waging war. 历史昭示我们,多数国家联合作战,其进行甚为困难。
- All the coalitions in history have disintegrated sooner or later. 历史上任何联盟迟早都垮台了。
n.可动性,变动性,情感不定
- The difference in regional house prices acts as an obstacle to mobility of labour.不同地区房价的差异阻碍了劳动力的流动。
- Mobility is very important in guerrilla warfare.机动性在游击战中至关重要。
n.废除,取消
- They declared for the abolition of slavery.他们声明赞成废除奴隶制度。
- The abolition of the monarchy was part of their price.废除君主制是他们的其中一部分条件。
n.(思想或行为的)主流;adj.主流的
- Their views lie outside the mainstream of current medical opinion.他们的观点不属于当今医学界观点的主流。
- Polls are still largely reflects the mainstream sentiment.民调还在很大程度上反映了社会主流情绪。
标签:
TED演讲