TED演讲:让我们带上女超人!(1)
时间:2019-01-18 作者:英语课 分类:TED演讲国际问题篇
英语课
I spend most of my time thinking about little girls, 我生活中的大部分时间都在思考关于小女孩的事情,
which is kind of a weird 1 thing for a grown man in our society to say. 这对于当今社会一位成年男性而言未免有些奇怪。
But I do. I spend most of my time thinking about little girls, 但是我确实花了大量时间在思考小女孩的事,
and I think it's primarily because I have one. 我想主要原因是因为我有一个女儿吧。
This one's mine, and I think you would really like her. 这是我的女儿,我想你们会喜欢她的。
She is smart and funny and kind to people and a good friend. 她聪慧过人,活泼可爱,待人友好,是个不错的小伙伴。
But when I talk about my daughter, the word I find myself saying most is "athlete." 但是当谈到我的女儿,我发现我说的最多的词是“运动员”。
She is strong and fast and has great balance and good body control. 她强壮,敏捷,有着很棒的平衡感和良好的身体协调性。
She is a three-time, back-to-back-to-back state champion in Shaolin Kempo. 她在持续三天的少林拳法比赛中,获得了三次州冠军。
At nine years old, she is already halfway 2 to a black belt. My daughter is athletic 3. 九岁的她已接近黑带水平。我的女儿有着运动员的体魄。
Now, when a man who is six feet two and 265 pounds stands in front of you and says his daughter is athletic, 现在,一个高1.86米,重120公斤的大汉站在你面前,说她的女儿是运动员,
you might think that's a reflection of him. It is not. 你也许会想,应该是遗传他的吧。并不是这样的。
My wife in high school was a two-time all-state soccer player 我的妻子在高中曾两次代表全州参加足球比赛,
and a two-time all-state volleyball player, and I played "Dungeons 4 and Dragons." 还两次代表全州参加排球比赛,而我那会儿还玩着“龙与地下城”。
And that is why, although my daughter is an athlete, she's also a huge nerd, which I love. 那也就是为什么,我的女儿不仅仅是个运动员,她也是个技术能手,我很喜欢她这点。
She walks around our house in a cloak of flames that she made herself. 她身披火焰斗篷在家中穿行,这是她亲手制作的。
adj.古怪的,离奇的;怪诞的,神秘而可怕的
- From his weird behaviour,he seems a bit of an oddity.从他不寻常的行为看来,他好像有点怪。
- His weird clothes really gas me.他的怪衣裳简直笑死人。
adj.中途的,不彻底的,部分的;adv.半路地,在中途,在半途
- We had got only halfway when it began to get dark.走到半路,天就黑了。
- In study the worst danger is give up halfway.在学习上,最忌讳的是有始无终。
adj.擅长运动的,强健的;活跃的,体格健壮的
- This area has been marked off for athletic practice.这块地方被划出来供体育训练之用。
- He is an athletic star.他是一个运动明星。
标签:
TED演讲