美文欣赏:感激之心 改变世界的力量
英语课
Gra-ti-tude.
感激。
Savor 1 it on your tongue.
用舌尖轻尝。
The sound alone instills satisfaction.
仅是声音便让人心满意足。
Feel it in your heart.
用心感受。
Notice a soothing 2 warmth wash over you.
体会这一袭抚慰身心的暖意。
Gratitude 3 and plentitude. They're the two ends of the same bone. Combined, they're the marrow 4 of miracles. The structure of success.
感激与富足,是一根骨头的两端,两者合并,便会产生奇迹,构筑成功。
When I clear the mental clutter 5 and focus on the present, I'm instantly reminded of how blessed I am.
当我把错乱的思绪清空、着眼当下的时候,我突然意识到我是多么幸福。
Look into your own life. If you scrub away the make-up of illusion and impurities 6 of jealousy 7 — can you see the clarity of grace? Can you understand how treasuring what's right in front of you is worth your time?
仔细看看自己的生活吧。如果把幻想和嫉妒扫出脑海,你清楚地看到生活的恩赐了吗?你明白你眼前的一切是多么珍贵、多么值得你花时间品味了吗?
Gratitude grounds plentitude in the now. When you honor who you are, what you do, and what you have, your energy will change. You will start to glow. People will be drawn 8 to you because that gratitude glow is rare in our current culture. I'm hoping to bring it back.
感激是让你在当下感到富足的基础。当你热爱自己、热爱你所做的事、热爱你拥有的东西,你的能量就会改变,你会开始成长。人们会被你吸引,因为这种感激散发的正能量在当今的文化里是不可多得的。我很希望能把它带回到我们的文化中。
It's my desire to kick off a gratitude cascade 9 throughout the world so that we may inspire each other to live our best lives yet.
我希望感激可以如泉涌般流遍世界,这样我们就可以互相启发,活出最富足的人生。
We're here, each and every one of us, because we have a unique gift to share. It's my wish that we're both bold and humble 10 enough to embody 11 our divine potential.
我们每个人都有一份独特的天赋——感激。我希望我们都足够勇敢、足够谦逊,能够把我们这一神圣的潜能发挥出来。
Imagine where that will take us.
想象一下感激会带给我们怎样的未来吧。
vt.品尝,欣赏;n.味道,风味;情趣,趣味
- The soup has a savor of onion.这汤有洋葱味。
- His humorous remarks added a savor to our conversation.他幽默的话语给谈话增添了风趣。
adj.慰藉的;使人宽心的;镇静的
- Put on some nice soothing music.播放一些柔和舒缓的音乐。
- His casual, relaxed manner was very soothing.他随意而放松的举动让人很快便平静下来。
adj.感激,感谢
- I have expressed the depth of my gratitude to him.我向他表示了深切的谢意。
- She could not help her tears of gratitude rolling down her face.她感激的泪珠禁不住沿着面颊流了下来。
n.骨髓;精华;活力
- It was so cold that he felt frozen to the marrow. 天气太冷了,他感到寒冷刺骨。
- He was tired to the marrow of his bones.他真是累得筋疲力尽了。
n.零乱,杂乱;vt.弄乱,把…弄得杂乱
- The garage is in such a clutter that we can't find anything.车库如此凌乱,我们什么也找不到。
- We'll have to clear up all this clutter.我们得把这一切凌乱的东西整理清楚。
不纯( impurity的名词复数 ); 不洁; 淫秽; 杂质
- A filter will remove most impurities found in water. 过滤器会滤掉水中的大部分杂质。
- Oil is refined to remove naturally occurring impurities. 油经过提炼去除天然存在的杂质。
n.妒忌,嫉妒,猜忌
- Some women have a disposition to jealousy.有些女人生性爱妒忌。
- I can't support your jealousy any longer.我再也无法忍受你的嫉妒了。
v.拖,拉,拔出;adj.憔悴的,紧张的
- All the characters in the story are drawn from life.故事中的所有人物都取材于生活。
- Her gaze was drawn irresistibly to the scene outside.她的目光禁不住被外面的风景所吸引。
n.小瀑布,喷流;层叠;vi.成瀑布落下
- She watched the magnificent waterfall cascade down the mountainside.她看着壮观的瀑布从山坡上倾泻而下。
- Her hair fell over her shoulders in a cascade of curls.她的卷发像瀑布一样垂在肩上。
adj.谦卑的,恭顺的;地位低下的;v.降低,贬低
- In my humble opinion,he will win the election.依我拙见,他将在选举中获胜。
- Defeat and failure make people humble.挫折与失败会使人谦卑。
标签:
美文