时间:2019-01-14 作者:英语课 分类:实用英语


英语课
李阳疯狂英语突破口语要素:询问式口语要素
第五部分 询问式口语要素
159.You all right?
你还好吧?
【疯狂实战】
A: Ouch! I hit my head.
(哎哟!我碰了头!)
B: You all right?
(你没事吧?)
A: I don’t feel well. I want to go home.
(我觉得不舒服,我想回家。)
B: You all right?
(你没事吧?)
A: I’m going to stay up all night.
(我今晚要熬夜。)
B: You all right?
(你能行吗?)
【额外成就感】
①You all right?(你还好吧?)
②You okay?(你好吗?)
③Are you okay?(你好吗?)
④Yeah, I’m fine.(是的,我挺好。)
160.(Are you) feeling okay?
你感觉还好吗?
【疯狂实战】
A: Are you feeling okay?
(你感觉还好吗?)
B: Oh, so-so.
(噢,马马虎虎。
A: Are you feeling okay?
(你感觉还好吗?)
B: I’m a little dizzy. It will pass.
(我有点儿头晕,会过去的。)
A: I heard you were in the hospital recently, are you feeling OK?
(听说你近来住院了,现在感觉好点儿了吗?)
B: I was having some trouble with my back, but I’m much better now.
(我背部有点毛病,不过现在好多了。)
161. Are you following me?
你有没有听清楚;你听懂了吗?
【疯狂实战】
A: You need to work hard to get ahead in this company. Are you following me?
(在这家公司要想出人头地,就得努力工作。你听清楚我的话没有?)
B: Yes, Sir.
(听清楚了,先生。)
A: Make sure you pick me up at seven o’clock sharp. Are you following me?
(你要保证七点整来接我,听到了没有?)
B: Don’t worry. I’m never late.
(不用担心,我从不迟到。)
A: I think that learning another language can change us as individuals – can change
our world view, and even our personalities. Are you following me?
(我认为学另外一种语言可以改变一个人——改变我们的世界观,甚至我们的个性,你们听懂了吗
?)
B: Not exactly, Professor Lee. I’m not sure that I buy that idea.
(不太懂,李教授,我不太清楚。)
162. Really?
真的吗?
【疯狂实战】
A: I just got a raise!
(我加薪了!)
B: Really? That’s great!
(真的吗?那太好了!)

A: Did you know Kim quit school?
(你知道Kim退学了吗?)
B: Really? How come?
(真有这事?为什么?)

A: I’ll never be late again. I promise.
(我保证再也不迟到了。)
B: Really? I’ve heard that promise before!
(此话当真?我以前听过那个保证!)

【疯狂替换】
①Seriously?(真的吗?)
②Are you sure?(你能肯定吗?)


163. Are you sure?
[  ]
你确定吗?

【疯狂实战】
A: I saw Stone dancing in the street.
(我看见Stone在街上跳舞。)
B: Are you sure?
(你确定吗?)
A: I already paid for that.
(我已经付过钱了。)
B: Are you sure?
(你能肯定?)
A: I locked the door when I left last night.
(我昨晚离开的时候把门锁上了。)
B: Are you sure?
(你确定吗?)
【疯狂替换】
①Are you certain?(你肯定吗?)
②Are you positive?(你确定吗?)
③Are you confident?(你确认吗?)
164. Are you kidding?
开玩笑吧?
【疯狂实战】
A: I’m going to swim in the pool.
(我要去游泳池游泳。)
B: Are you kidding? It’s freezing.
(你在开玩笑吧?这么冷的天。)
A: Does Mr. Lee play golf?
(李先生打高尔夫球吗?)
B: Are you kidding? He’s a pro.
(开玩笑!他是个职业球手。)
A: Do you like Chinese food?
(你爱吃中国菜吗?)
B: Are you kidding? I love it!
(这还用问?我当然爱吃!)
【额外成就感】
关于“kidding”的口语要素还有:
①You’re kidding!(你开玩笑吧?)
②You’re kidding me!(你在开我玩笑!)
③You’re kidding, right?(你在开玩笑,对不对?)
④No kidding!(我是认真的!/真的!你不是开玩笑吧!)
165.Are you serious?
你是认真的吗?
【疯狂实战】
A: I decided to move to Canada.
(我打算搬到加拿大去住。)
B: Are you serious?
(此话当真?)
A: I don’t want to take over my father’s business.
(我不想继承父业。)
B: Are you serious?
(当真?)
A: I’m thinking of adopting a child.
(我在考虑收养一个孩子。)
B: Are you serious?
(你是认真的吗?)
【疯狂替换】
①Seriously?(当真?)
②Do you mean it?(你是认真的吗?)
166.Excuse me?
对不起,你刚才说什么?
【疯狂实战】
A: Don’t jump to conclusions.
(不要妄下结论。)
B: Excuse me?
(你说什么?)
A: Cat got your tongue? (= Why don’t you speak up / say something?)
(你哑巴了?)
B: Excuse me?
(你说什么?)
A: Do you know how stupid you are?
(你知道你有多愚蠢吗?)
B: Excuse me?
(你再说一遍?)
【疯狂替换】
①Sorry?(对不起。)
②Pardon?(请再说一遍。)
③Pardon me?(对不起。)
④I beg your pardon?(对不起,再说一遍好吗?)
167. What did you say?
你说什么?
【疯狂实战】
A: Do you like Spicy food?
(你喜欢吃辛辣食物吗?)
B: What did you say?
(你说什么?)
A: What does WTO stand for?
(WTO代表什么?)
B: What did you say?
(你说什么?)
A: What did you say?
(你说什么?)
B: I said it’s all your fault,you jerk!
(我说都是你的错,笨蛋!)

【疯狂替换】
①Can you say it again?(你能再说一遍吗?)
②Say it again?(再说一遍好吗?)
③Excuse me?(对不起,没听清楚。)


168. What do you mean?
[   ]
你什么意思?

Kim’s Note: Women always use this sentence to men! Men usually answer with: “Exactly
what I said!”
女士们总是用这句子来问男士们!男士们通常回答说“正是我现在所说的意思!”
【疯狂实战】
A: It’s the kiss of death.
(那可是致命之吻。)
B: What do you mean?
(你是什么意思?)
【额外成就感】
Kiss of death=something that destroys
His endorsement will be the kiss of death.
(有他的支持反而坏事。)
A: It was the last straw.
(实在忍无可忍了。)
B: What do you mean?
(你什么意思?)
A: I’m going to sell the house.
(我准备把房子卖掉。)
B: What do you mean? You didn’t even ask me!
(你是什么意思?你甚至问都不问我!)

【疯狂替换】
①What does that mean?(那是什么意思?)
②What’s that?(你什么意思?)
③What’s that supposed to mean?(那是什么意思?)
169.You mean…
(你是说……)
【疯狂实战】
A: I’m having second thoughts.
(我要考虑再三。)
B: You mean you’re going to change your mind?
(你是说你要改变主意?)
A: I’ll take a rain check.
(改天吧。)
B: You mean you’re not coming with us?
(你是说你不和我们一起来?)
A: That’s the name of the game.
(那是事物的本质。)
B: You mean you don’t even care?
(你是说你甚至不在乎?)
【额外成就感】
I can’t help it. That’s the name of the game.
(事情本来就是这样,我也没办法。)
170.What’s that?
你说什么?
【疯狂实战】
A: My aunt is a doctor.
(我姨妈是个医生。)
B: What’s that?
(你说什么?)
A: It runs in the family.
(他们那家子都这样。)
B: What’s that? A bad temper?
(你说什么?坏脾气吗?)
A: You can pay by credit card.
(你可以用信用卡付钱。)
B: What’s that?
(什么?)
【疯狂替换】
①What is it?(什么?)
②What do you mean?(你是什么意思?)
③What does that mean?(什么意思?)
171.What are you talking about?
你在说什么?
【疯狂讲解】
这个口语要素可不能乱用,因为它并不像它表面意那么简单。说这句话往往带有不相信的意味。
【疯狂实战】
A: We have over one hundred new employees.
(我们有一百多位新员工。)
B: What are you talking about?(=It’s not true.)
(你在说什么?)
A: I had a girlfriend in America.
(我以前有一个女朋友在美国。)
B: What are you talking about? (=It’s not true.)
(你在说什么?)
A: If I don’t go, I’m going to be in trouble.
(如果不去,我就有麻烦了。)
B: What are you talking about? (=It’s not true.)
(你在说什么?)
【额外成就感】
What are you saying? (你在说什么?)
172.Are you talking about …?
你是在说……吗?
【疯狂实战】
A: I’ve never seen such a smart kid.
(我从未见过这么聪明的孩子。)
B: Are you talking about Mike?
(你是在说Mike吗? )
A: I usually buy it every month.
(我通常每个月都买它。)
B: Are you talking about CAE Magazine?
(你是说《疯狂美语》杂志吗?)
A: We should tell her.
(我们应该告诉她。)
B: Are you talking about me?
(你是说我吗?)
【疯狂替换】
①Is it about…?(是关于……?)
②You mean…?(你是说……?)
173. Do you understand me?
你懂我的意思吗?
【疯狂实战】
A: Do you understand me?
(你懂我的意思吗?)
B: Yeah, sure.
(当然懂了。)
A: Do you understand me?
(你懂我的意思吗?)
B: Uh, not really. Say it again?
(哦,不很懂。你再说一遍吧。)

A: Do you understand me?
(你懂我的意思吗?)
B: I think so.
(我想我懂。)

【疯狂替换】
①Do you understand what I mean?(你懂我的意思吗?)
②Do you understand what I’m trying to say?(你懂我的意思吗?)
174. Am I making sense?
你能听懂我说的吗?
【疯狂实战】
A: Am I making sense?
(你能听懂我说的吗?)
B: Mostly. Let me make sure.
(大部分懂。让我再消化消化。)
A: Am I making sense?
(你能听懂我说的吗?)
B: No. Could you be more specific?
(不能。你能说得具体些吗?)
A: Am I making sense?
(你能听懂我说的吗?)
B: I think I know what you are trying to say. But I disagree.
(我想我知道你要说什么。但我不同意。)

【疯狂替换】
①Am I making sense to you?(你能听懂我说的吗?)
②Am I making myself understood?(你能听懂我说的吗?)
③Am I making myself clear to you?(你能听懂我说的吗?)


175. You know what I mean?
[    ]
你明白我的意思吗?

【疯狂实战】
A: It’s like a dream come true. You know what I mean?
(好像梦幻成真。你懂我的意思吗?)
B: Absolutely.
(完全明白。)
A: It’s never too late to learn. You know what I mean?
(学习永远都不迟。你明白我的意思吧?)
B: Yeah. I agree one hundred percent.
(明白。我百分之百同意。)
A: There’s a first time for everything. You know what I mean?
(万事开头难。你明白我的意思吧?)
B: Yes. Thanks.
(明白。谢谢。)
【疯狂替换】
①Do you know what I mean?(你明白我的意思吗?)
②You know what I’m saying?(你知道我在说什么吗?)


176. Am I right?
[  ]
我没说错吧?

【疯狂实战】
A: So, you were used. Am I right?
(你是说你被利用了,对吧?)
B: Exactly. I’m so hurt I could cry.
(确实是。我伤心得想哭了。)

A: That’s why you decided to stay. Am I right?
(这就是你决定留下来的原因,我没说错吧?)
B: You’re right. I hope I made the right decision.
(对。希望我的决定是正确的。)

A: It’s a waste of time. Am I right?
(那纯粹是浪费时间,对不对?)
B: Okay. I see what you’re trying to say.
(是这样。我想我明白你的意思。)

Kim’s Note: Americans love all these sentences that seek agreement. Don’t let them
become a habit though. Native speakers who constantly use these sentences are annoying
and you will be too!
美国人都爱说这些询求他人同意的话语,但千万不要因此而形成了一种习惯。经常说这些话的本国
人都让人讨厌,你也会的!
177. Anything else?
还要别的吗?/还有其他别的事吗?
【疯狂实战】
A: Pass me the salt, will you?
(把盐递给我好吗?)
B: Here you are. Anything else?
(给你,还要别的什么吗?)

A: Could you buy me a lipstick while you’re shopping tonight?
(你今晚去买东西时能顺便给我带支口红吗?)
B: Sure. Anything else?
(没问题。还要买其他别的什么吗?)

A: Anything else?
(还需要别的吗?)
B: No, that’s everything.
(没有了,就要这些了。)
178. Could I have some time?
给我一些时间好吗?
【疯狂实战】
A: So, what do you think?
(那你是怎么看的?)
B: Could I have some time?
(给我点时间好不好?)
A: We’re waiting for your answer. When are you going to tell him?
(我们在等你的答复呢。你准备什么时候告诉他?)
B: Could I have some time?
(给我一些时间好吗?)
【疯狂替换】
Can / Could you give me some time?(你能给我一些时间吗?)
179. How can I say this?
我该怎么说?
【疯狂实战】
A: Why don’t you have a car?
(你为什么没有车呢?)
B: How can I say this? I just can’t afford one.
(我该怎么说呢?我就是买不起。)
A: Don’t you want to get married?
(你难道不想结婚吗?)
B: How can I say this?
(我该怎么说呢?)
A: What do you like about her? She’s so mean.
(你喜欢她什么?她那么小气。)
B: How can I say this? There’s just something about her that’s sexy.
(这怎么说呢?她还是有点性感的。)
【额外成就感】
①How can I say this in English?(这个用英文该怎么说?)
②I don’t know how I can say this.(我不知该怎么说。)
③I don’t know how I can say this in English.(我不知道这个用英文怎么说。)
180. Can I ask you a question?
我可以问你个问题吗?
【疯狂实战】
A: Can I ask you a question?
(我可以问你个问题吗?)
B: Sure. Go ahead.
(当然可以。说吧。)
A: Can I ask you a question?
(我可以问你个问题吗?)
B: All right. What is it?
(当然可以。什么问题?)
A: Can I ask you a question?
(我可以问你个问题吗?)
B: Hold on. I’ll be right back.
(稍等一下,我马上就回来。)
【额外成就感】
①May I ask you a question?(我可以问你个问题吗?)
②I have a question.(我有个问题要问。)
③Can I ask you a personal question?(我能问你个私人问题吗?)
181. Can I talk to you?
我可以跟你谈谈吗?
【疯狂实战】
A: Can I talk to you?
(我可以跟你谈谈吗?)
B: Sure. What is it?
(当然可以。谈什么?)

A: Can I talk to you?
(我可以跟你谈谈吗?)
B: Of course. What about?
(当然可以。谈什么?)

A: Can I talk to you?
(我可以跟你谈谈吗?)
B: Uh, I’m kind of busy right now. What about later tonight?
(哦,我现在比较忙。今晚怎么样?)

【额外成就感】
①Can I talk to you for a minute?(我可以跟你谈一下吗?)
②Can I talk to you for a second?(我可以跟你谈一下吗?)
③You got a minute?(你有时间吗?)
④You got a second?(你有空吗?)
182.Don’t you think so?
难道你不觉得吗?
【疯狂实战】
A: This is very important. Don’t you think so?
(这事非常重要。难道你不觉得吗?)
B: Absolutely
(那当然!)
A: He was so rude. Don’t you think so?
(他太粗鲁了。你不觉得吗?)
B: Yeah. I think so too.
(是啊。我也这么认为。)
A: She’s lying. Don't you think so?
(她在说谎。你不觉得吗?)
B: No, I don’t think so.
(不,我不觉得。)
183.Is that okay?
这样可以吗?
【疯狂实战】
A: We’ll meet at seven. Is that okay?
(我们7点钟见面,可以吧?)
B: No problem.
(没问题。)

A: I want to bring a friend of mine. Is that okay?
(我想带我的一个朋友来,可以吗?)
B: Sure. Why not!
(当然可以啦。有什么不可以的!)
A: We’ll meet here. Will that be okay?
(我们在这儿集合,好不好?)
B: Yeah, I suppose.
(行,我同意。)
184.What do you think?
你觉得怎么样?
【疯狂实战】
A: Isn’t this your brand-new digital camera?
(这不是你新买的数码相机吗?)
B: Yes. What do you think?
(是的,你觉得怎么样?)

A: Who do you think is the best?
(你认为谁是最棒的?)
B: Jane. What do you think?
(Jane,你觉得呢?)

A: Maybe we’d better not tell her. What do you think?
(也许我们最好不要告诉她。你说呢?)
B: Hmm. I don’t know. That might not be a good idea.
(嗯……我不知道。那可能不是一个好主意。)
185.How do you like…?
你认为……怎么样?
【疯狂实战】
A: How do you like living in China?
(你觉得生活在中国怎么样?)
B: It’s very exciting.
(很有意思。)
A: How do you like Chinese food?
(你喜欢吃中国菜吗?)
B: Oh, I love it!
(哦,我爱吃!)
A: How do you like our English teacher?
(你认为我们的英语老师怎么样?)
B: I don’t know. She seems a little difficult. I can’t always understand what she’s
saying.
(我不知道。她好像挺难懂的,我总是听不懂她说什么。)
186.What’s … like? ……
怎么样?
【疯狂实战】
A: What’s your wife like?
(你妻子怎么样?)
B: She’s very active and social.
(她很活跃,善于交际。)

A: What’s your office like?
(你的办公室怎么样?)
B: It’s nice and clean, but noisy.
(不错,很整洁,就是吵。)

A: What’s the weather like in your country?
(你们国家的气候怎么样?)
B: We have a rainy season and a dry season.
(我们国家分雨季和旱季两种气候。)


187.What for?
[ ]
作什么用?

【疯狂实战】
A: Can I use your PC?
(我可以用你的电脑吗?)
B: What for?
(做什么呢?)

A: Come down to the kitchen.
(到厨房里来。)
B: What for?
(干什么?)

A: You’d better save this money.
(你最好把这钱存起来。)
B: What for?
(存它干嘛?)
【疯狂替换】
①For what?(干什么?)
②For what purpose?(作什么用呢?)
③Why?(为什么?)
188.How come?
怎么回事?
【疯狂实战】
A: I’m not taking this job.
(我不干这活。)
B: How come?
(为什么?)
A: Cindy is not coming to work today.
(Cindy今天没来上班。)
B: How come?
(怎么回事?)

A: I don’t like seeing her any more.
(我不想再见到她。)
B: How come?
(怎么回事?)

【疯狂替换】
①Why?(为什么?)
②Why is that?(这是为什么?)
③For what reason?(什么原因?)
189.Why not?
为什么不?
【疯狂实战】
A: I didn’t go to the hospital today.
(我今天没有去医院。)
B: Why not?
(为什么没去?)
A: We didn’t talk about that issue.
(我们没有谈到这件事。)
B: Why not?
(为什么不谈呢?)
A: I haven’t finished my work yet.
(我还没完成工作呢。)
B: Why not?
(为什么没完成?)
190.Can I make a suggestion?
我能提个建议吗?
【疯狂实战】
A: Can I make a suggestion?
(我能提个建议吗?)
B: Sure. Go ahead.
(当然,说吧。)
A: Can I make a suggestion?
(我能提个建议吗?)
B: All right.
(好的。)
A: Can I make a suggestion?
(我能提个建议吗?)
B: What is it?
(什么建议?)


学英语单词
-free
Abiturients
absolute indirect addressing
aerial for television transmitter
alternating tension and compression
aneurysmodesis
array for real-time geostrophic oceanography (argo)
avania
Bellergal-S
benzo light blue fr
breast the tape
bulk bread
Cerasus yunnanensis
chimney pot
chuffers
color meter
combined immunodeficiency syndrome
concentrating pan
cow bitten
cranial sympathetic system
cumulative timing
despiseress
directly ionizing radiation
disease natural history
dome cells
Doppler beam sharpening
downfolds
Drachkava
emergent evolution
ends-of
essence of a contract
Evil one,the
exercitives
failure processing
food fishes
footplates
forceless deep pulse
glueings
glutamatergic pathway
gompper
grandpaternity
hard over
helispheric
helpdesk
Hertwig epithelial root sheath
Honda alloy
hutchens
Hydroglimmer
in contact
jarvital
john davyss
kamauu
Kasagi-yama
Lindblad resonance
liquidnesses
logocentricity
macrame
master clutch brake
Matthew Walker knot
medium-frequency oscillator
membranogenesis
metallocenes
myxosporan
osteoblastogenesis
ottaway
overlapped memorys
parthenocissus himalayana (royle) planch.
plate streak
pulse repetition (or recurrence) period
pyre (egypt)
quiescent chamber
rattle-head
reciprocity curve
recommodifies
redruthite
regular solid
reinfections
repetitively
riras
roughing tooth profile
Sarvabad
sclero-ridencleisis
semi-range
sorting inspection
spinulous
stathis
sticta wrightii
stone mulching
subspecialist
temporary removal
thermal receiver
thermochromic display
ticalopride
turkey in the straw
ulex europaeuss
volume quotation system
wave power generating ship
wet willies
white blood cell
worsteds
ziwuliuzhu