Saying Good-bye 告别
Key Sentences (重点句子)501.I'm calling to say good-bye.
我打电话来是向你辞行的。
502.I feel you have just come.
我觉得你好像才来似的。
503.But all good things must come to an end, as they say.
但正如人们所说,天下没有不散的筵席。
504.We' re sorry that you couldn't stay longer.
你不能多留几天,真遗憾。
505.Have you had your ticket confirmed 1 already?
你的票已经确认了吗?
506.But can you do me a favor 2?
但你能帮我个忙吗?
507.I'll take care of that.
这事由我来负责。
508.We must arrive at the airport an hour before departure 3 time.
我们必须在起飞前一小时到达机场。
509.Will you please check out by 11?
你在11点前把账结了好吗?
510.We'll pick you up and head straight to the airport.
我们回来接你,然后直接开往机场。
511.It's so kind of you to see me off.
谢谢你来送我。
512.It's a shame you haven't got the time to visit all the places of interest.
你没时间游览所有的名胜,真是遗憾。
513.Business trips never leave much time for sightseeing.
因公出差从来没有很多时间去观光。
514.Perhaps we can make things up next time you are here.
也许下次你来这儿,我们可以加以弥补。
515.Here is a little something from my company, please take it.
这是我们公司的一点小意思,请笑纳。
516.When will you come again?
你什么时候再来?
517.If opportunity offers, please also come to my country.
如有机会,请你也来我们国家看看。
518.I want to return the favor you have done me here.
我想报答你对我的热情款待。
519.It's time to board the plane.
该登机了。
520.Please give my best regards to your wife.
请代我向你的夫人问好。
Dialogue A(Mr. Simpson is calling Miss Lin to say good-bye on the phone. )(A: Mr. Simpson; B: Miss Lin)A: Miss Lin, I'm calling to say good-bye.
B: No, no so soon. I feel you have just come.
A: I have the same feeling. But all good things must come to an end, as they say.
B: We're sorry that you couldn't stay longer.
A: I wish I could stay a little longer, but lots to do back home.
B: Have you had your ticket confirmed already?
A: Yes, I did it at the reception desk. But can you do me a favor? I want to stay in Beijing for one night. And can you book a single room there?
B: No problem. I'll take care of that. What's the time of the flight.
A: At 2 p. m.
B: Then we must arrive at the airport an hour before departure time. Will you please check out by 11? We'll pick you up and head straight to the airport. We shall have lunch at a nearby restaurant.
A: OK. Thank you very much.
Dialogue B(Miss Wang is seeing Mr. Hubert off on behalf 4 of her boss at the airport. )(A: Mr. Hubert; B: Miss Wang)A: It's so kind of you to see me off. I really had a very pleasant stay here.
B: It's a shame you haven't got the time to visit all the places of interest.
A: Business trips never leave much time for sightseeing.
B: Perhaps we can make things up next time you are here.
A: I hope so too.
B: Here is a little something from my company. Please take it.
A: Oh, thank you. It's a beautiful piece of embroidery 5. I'm sure my wife will love it. Thank you very much.
B: You are welcome. When will you come again?
A: Very soon probably. If opportunity offers, please also come to my country. I want to return the favor you have done me here.
B: Thank you.
A: It's time to board the plane. So we should say good-bye here.
B: Please give my best regards to your wife.
A: I will. Good-bye. Take care.
B: Good-bye! Happy landing 6!
Notes 注释1.I'm calling to say good-bye.
表达辞行的说法还有:
I'm sorry, but I have to go.
对不起,我该走了。
I wish I could stay a little longer, but lots to do back home.
我也想多待一些时间,但家里还有许多事情等着去做呢。
I'm going home tomorrow.
我明天要回去了。
2.All good things must come to an end.
(谚)天下没有不散的筵席。
3.at the reception desk (宾馆)服务台;接待处4.check out 结账He checked in at the hotel on Monday, and checked out Tuesday night.
他星期一住进旅馆,星期二晚上结账离去。
5.It's so kind of you to see me off.
句中 see sb. off意为“为某人送行”。
如:She's gone to the station to see him off.
她到车站去给他送行。
They all turned out to see her off.
他们都出来为她送行。
6.places of interest 名胜古迹7.You are welcome. 不必客气。
8.If opportunity offers…如果有机会……9.return the favor回报,报答10.Please give my best regards to your wife.
请代我向你夫人问好。
还可以说:
Please say ‘hello/hi’to your wife.
请向你夫人问好。
Please giver my best wishes to your wife.
请向你夫人表示良好的祝愿。
11.Take care.
多保重。这是在相互告别时常说的一句话。
12.Happy landing! 一路平安!
类似的说法还有:
Have a nice journey! 祝旅途愉快!
Have a nice trip! 祝旅途顺利!
- Rumours of job losses were later confirmed. 裁员的传言后来得到了证实。
- The truth of his conjecture was confirmed by the newspaper report. 新闻报道证明了他的推测果然不假。
- She is out of favor with her employer.她失去了雇主的欢心。
- The new teacher finds favor in the eyes of the parents.那位新老师很受家长的欢迎。
- Do you know what lies behind her sudden departure for London?你知道她突然去伦敦的原因吗?
- She took over his work after his departure.他离开以后,她接替了他的工作。
- Ken is not present,so I shall accept the prize on his behalf.肯没有出席,所以我将代表他领奖。
- They fixed on him to speak on their behalf.他们已经确定他作为代表发言。
- This exquisite embroidery won people's great admiration.这件精美的绣品,使人惊叹不已。
- This is Jane's first attempt at embroidery.这是简第一次试着绣花。