看歪国人吐槽:名字叫错那些事儿!
英语课
1. For anyone with a unique name, going through roll call at school may have been a struggle, especially when the teacher butchers your name.
1、凡是名字特别的,学校里碰到点名也许就是一场煎熬,尤其是老师乱叫你名字的时候。
2. It's annoying when said teacher attempts to call you something other than your given name.
2、老师不叫你的名字,却试图叫你些别名儿,实在烦心。
3. Then there are the times it's easier to just let people say your name however they please because you're exhausted 1.
3、有时候,随别人怎么乱叫你的名字,还能轻松些,因为你已经疲惫了。
4. In fact, you'd probably be rolling in the dough 2 if you were rewarded with monetary 3 compensationeach time someone mispronounced your name.
4、事实上,要是每次别人叫错你的名字你就有金钱奖励的话,你估计早就赚得盆满钵满了。
看歪国人吐槽:名字叫错那些事儿!(双语)
5. You've beenbombarded with people making terrible puns at your expense.
5、人们总爱拿你开涮,用你的名字玩些讨人厌的一语双关。
6. But there were good moments when others stood up for you when it mattered most.
6、但也有好的时候,如果遇到叫错名字很要紧的情况,大家会一起为你站出来。
7. Never seeing those souvenirs with your name on it was a common occurrence.
7、纪念品上没有你的名字也是常有的事儿。
8. You became so good at knowing when someone was going to mispronounce your name, you'd make your presence known to avoid imminent 4 humiliation 5.
8、你对别人是不是会误读你的名字了然于心,你会立马现身,以避免名字喊错造成大囧。
9. And the bad jokes don't get any better.
9、有些恶俗的笑话人们依旧在讲。
看歪国人吐槽:名字叫错那些事儿!(双语)
10. There are the rare instances when people find a great way to compliment you on your moniker.
10、让人们能恭维你绰号昵称的场合少之又少。
adj.极其疲惫的,精疲力尽的
- It was a long haul home and we arrived exhausted.搬运回家的这段路程特别长,到家时我们已筋疲力尽。
- Jenny was exhausted by the hustle of city life.珍妮被城市生活的忙乱弄得筋疲力尽。
n.生面团;钱,现款
- She formed the dough into squares.她把生面团捏成四方块。
- The baker is kneading dough.那位面包师在揉面。
adj.货币的,钱的;通货的;金融的;财政的
- The monetary system of some countries used to be based on gold.过去有些国家的货币制度是金本位制的。
- Education in the wilderness is not a matter of monetary means.荒凉地区的教育不是钱财问题。
adj.即将发生的,临近的,逼近的
- The black clounds show that a storm is imminent.乌云预示暴风雨即将来临。
- The country is in imminent danger.国难当头。
n.羞辱
- He suffered the humiliation of being forced to ask for his cards.他蒙受了被迫要求辞职的羞辱。
- He will wish to revenge his humiliation in last Season's Final.他会为在上个季度的决赛中所受的耻辱而报复的。
标签:
吐槽