法律英语就该这么说 第143期:谁给你权利这么做的?
时间:2018-12-01 作者:英语课 分类:法律英语就该这么说
英语课
必背句型:
A:I have initiated 1 a bankruptcy 2 proceeding 3.
我已经提起破产诉讼。
B:Who gives you the right to behave like that?
谁给你权利这么做的?
How could you say that?
你怎么能这么说?
What do you mean by that?
你这是什么意思?
延伸阅读:A:I've just about had enough.
我真是受够了。
B:I will file for bankruptcy.
我会申请破产。
I can't put up with it any more.
我无法再忍受了!
This is the last straw.
我再也受不了了。
I can't take it anymore.
我再也受不了了。
1 initiated
n.破产;无偿付能力
- You will have to pull in if you want to escape bankruptcy.如果你想避免破产,就必须节省开支。
- His firm is just on thin ice of bankruptcy.他的商号正面临破产的危险。
2 proceeding
n.行动,进行,(pl.)会议录,学报
- This train is now proceeding from Paris to London.这次列车从巴黎开往伦敦。
- The work is proceeding briskly.工作很有生气地进展着。