校园英语迷你惯用语(10)
时间:2019-01-08 作者:英语课 分类:英文名句短语
46. I guess sometimes people hit it right off.
我想有时候人们初次见面就会很投缘.
hit it off (well) 是"很投缘"之意. I hit it off well with him.
或 He and I hit it off (well) together (with each other). 是指(我和他非常投缘,我们很谈的来)之意. right含有"开始就...."之意.
47. We talked so long, I ended up missing class.
我们谈了好久,把课都给误了.
end/wind up doing... 是"结果....."之意.
(今天逃课算了!)是用 I'm gonna miss/cut/ckip class today.
俚语也可以说 I'm gonna play hooky.
48. Since she started college, all of a sudden she's Miss Glamor 1.
她上了大学后,一下子变得很时髦.
英语的 glamor 含有"妩媚,魅力"之意. (她看起来非常耀眼,)可以说
She looks too flashy. 或 Her outfit 2 is a bit too much. (她的穿着太过分了.)
49. Next to her, anybody would look good.
谁只要在她的旁边,看上去都长得不错.
"难看"是 ugly/ugly-looking, 俚语也用 dog, 可用于男女.
I am not here just to make her look better. 是(我不在这里只是
为了让她好看些的).
50. I confide 3 a secret to a friend. 向朋友吐露密秘.
confide...to..是"向...吐露.."; confide in... 则是"吐露秘密给..."的意思.能够吐露秘密或心事的朋友称为 confidant "密友,心腹".
I break off a relation. 跟她断交.
break off 是"分离,离开". patch up 原意为"补缀"之意,
此处是指"言归于好"的意思.
- His performance fully displayed the infinite glamor of Chinese dance.他的表演充分展示了中华舞蹈的无穷魅力。
- The glamor of the East was brought to international prominence by the Russion national school.俄罗斯民族学派使东方的魅力产生了国际性的影响。
- Jenney bought a new outfit for her daughter's wedding.珍妮为参加女儿的婚礼买了一套新装。
- His father bought a ski outfit for him on his birthday.他父亲在他生日那天给他买了一套滑雪用具。