时间:2019-01-08 作者:英语课 分类:英文名句短语


英语课

41. These guys think they're really great, don't they?


这些家伙以为他们真的很了不起,不是吗?


"自我满足"是 self-satisfaction, 也可以用 complacency.

(无聊!胡说八道!废话!)等说法可以用 Nonsense!

(笨得无可救药!)可以说 A fool remains 1 a fool until he dies.

42. I thought she was just a rich princess, but it looks like we

have a lot in common.


我以为她不过是千金小姐,但看来我们有许多共同点.


带着轻蔑口吻的"千金小姐,阔少爷"常用 spoiled rich kid/brat.

have a lot in common 是"有许多共同之处".

We have good chemistry. 是一句俗语,意味(我们很谈的来).


43. I'm glad I got it off my chest.


我很高兴自己把心事讲出来.


got it off my chest 是"把心事吐露出来". (为什么不把心事讲出来?

你会觉得舒服的多)是 Why don't you get it off your chest?

You'll feel much better; 相反的,想说(我有心事)可以用 I have

something on my mind.


44. She always says, "I don't know what to do...", but she's just

showing off.


她总是说"我不知道该怎么办",....但她只是为了要炫耀自己.


show off...是"炫耀......"之意. "夸耀"可用 brag 2 或 boast, 如:

She's always bragging/going on about her boyfriend.

(她经常夸耀她的男友).


45. We've been through a lot but we're still together. It must be fate.


我们历尽沧桑后仍在一起,必定是命中注定的.


we've been through a lot 是(我们一起历尽沧桑)之意.

It must be fate. 是说(一定是命中注定的)之意.

(我想我们是命中注定在一起)可以说 I guess we're meant to be stuck

with each other.



n.剩余物,残留物;遗体,遗迹
  • He ate the remains of food hungrily.他狼吞虎咽地吃剩余的食物。
  • The remains of the meal were fed to the dog.残羹剩饭喂狗了。
v./n.吹牛,自夸;adj.第一流的
  • He made brag of his skill.他夸耀自己技术高明。
  • His wealth is his brag.他夸张他的财富。
学英语单词