At the Customs 在海关
Part One At the Customs第一部分 在海关
Customs Official: May I see your passport and your Health Declaration Forms, please?
我可以看一下您的护照和健康申报表吗?
Emily: Yes. Here you are.
当然可以。给您。
Customs Official: Thank you. What's your occupation?
谢谢。你的职业?
Emily: I'm a professor of an American university.
我是美国一所大学的教授。
Customs Official: Okay. When did you get your last vaccination 1?
行。您上次预防接种是在什么时候?
Emily: Just before I left. You can check my health certificate.
在我出国之前。您可以检查我的健康证明。
Customs Official: Have you got anything to declare?
有东西要申报吗?
Emily: No. I haven't got any dutiable things with me.
不,不要。我身边没东西要缴税的。
Customs Official: All right. You may leave now.
好。您可以走了。
Part Two Anything to Declare第二部分 有东西要报关吗?
Customs Official: Good morning, sir. Anything to declare?
先生,早晨好。有东西要报关吗?
Foreigner: No. I've only got some clothes and things like that.
没有。我只有衣服之类的东西。
Customs Official: Suitcase on the table, please.
请把箱子放在桌上。
…Cleared. Pass on, please.
好了。请往前走。
Foreigner: Thank you.
谢谢。
Part Three Paying Duty on a Computer第三部分 为电脑缴税Customs Official: Do you have anything particular to declare?
您有什么特别的东西要报关吗?
Mr Brown: I bought a portable computer before leaving Britain.
我离开英国之前买了台手提电脑。
Customs Official: Please fill in this Customs Baggage Declaration Form.
请填好这份海关行李申报单。
…Have you filled out your Customs forms?
您填完海关的一些表格了吗?
Mr Brown: Yes, sir.
是的,先生。
Customs Official: Here's your receipt. You're through with the customs formalities.
这是您的收据。您已办完海关手续了。
Mr Brown: Thank you.
谢谢。
Part Four Going Through the Customs Formalities第四部分 办理海关手续A: Good morning, madam.
夫人,早晨好。
B: Good morning.
早晨好。
A: Passport, please.
请出示护照。
B: Here you are.
给您。
A: Take your passport, please. Have you anything dutiable?
请把护照拿去。有应缴税的东西吗?
B: I bought a necklace.
我买了条项链。
A: This necklace is dutiable. The duty is 15 dollars. Anything else besides these?
这根项链要缴税。税金是15美元。除这些以外还有什么?
B: No. I only have my personal belongings 2.
没有。我只有一些个人物品。
A: Right. Pass on, please.
行了。请往前走。
- Vaccination is a preventive against smallpox.种痘是预防天花的方法。
- Doctors suggest getting a tetanus vaccination every ten years.医生建议每十年注射一次破伤风疫苗。
- I put a few personal belongings in a bag.我把几件私人物品装进包中。
- Your personal belongings are not dutiable.个人物品不用纳税。