时间:2019-01-03 作者:英语课 分类:英文名句短语


英语课

56. I'd never try to woo someone with fine cars or gifts.


我决不会用香车和礼物来求婚.


woo...是"求爱,求婚"之意. 也可以用 try to win over a girl's heart的说法. fine 是"豪华的". 想开玩笑说(他是我的司机)就说 He's just my chauffer., 或 He's just my wheels/transportation.


57. He said he wouldn't try anything, but come on....


他说他不会做任何事,但说归说...


I wouldn't come on to you. 是(我不会逼迫你的)之意.

I wouldn't do anything funny. 是(我不会乱来的).

此处的 but come one 是接近于"够了,够了",也可用 Give me a break.

含义相似. I can read you like a book. 是(我深知你心)之意.


58. We are kind of stuck in a rut.


我们有点陷入固定(乏味)的生活方式.


rut 是"车痕;常规;惯例". be/get stuck in a rut 是"陷于同一种模式,

惯例"之意. 与 be/get in the same old routine 1. 同义.

(是该分手的时候了)是说 Time to call it quits.


59. I wonder if there's an easy way to break up and still be friends.


我在想有没有既能分手又能彼此做朋友的简便方法.


"分手"可说 break up 或split 2 up, 如: She broke up with him.

(她和他分手了). 想要彻底分手时,可以说 Let's not make it messy.

(我们不要拖泥带水的分手.). 也可以说 Let's make a clean break.

(让我们彻底的分手.)


60. Isn't that something how he left me after four years?


交往了4年之后,他这样离开我不是太过分了吗?


Isn't that something...? 是"...不是太过分了吗?"

俗语说 He dumped/dropped me. 是(他甩了我)的意思.

He turned me down. 则是(他拒绝了我).



n.例行公事,惯例;adj.例行的,常规的
  • It is everyday routine.这是每天的例行公事。
  • She found the hospital routine slightly dull.她感到医院的工作有点枯燥乏味。
n.劈开,裂片,裂口;adj.分散的;v.分离,分开,劈开
  • Who told you that Mary and I had split up?谁告诉你玛丽和我已经离婚了?
  • The teacher split the class up into six groups.老师把班级分成6个小组。