校园英语迷你惯用语(15)
时间:2019-01-03 作者:英语课 分类:英文名句短语
71. I always wanted to wear this uniform.
我一直想穿这套制服.
也可以改用现在完成式,而说 I've always/long wanted to...
Wearing an Italian Tomato's uniform has been my long-cherished desire.
是"穿着意大利番茄的(餐厅)制服,是我长久以来的梦想".
72. This manager's such a lech!
这个经理真是好色之徒.
lech 是"好色之徒,色狼". Have you suffered sexual harrassment? 时(你有没有
受到过性骚扰?). Huh, I'd like to be seduced 1 by such a handsome manager.
是(哦,我倒也想要被这样英俊的经理诱拐).
73. I still have to keep a smile on my face, even to this strange customer?
对这种怪客人,我还得强颜欢笑吗?
美国俗话中的 turkey 是指"无聊的家伙",左句也可以改用 even to this turkey.
My fact got tense from smiling all the time. 是(我总是笑着,把脸都笑僵了.)
74. I was only a little late. Don't have a fit about it.
我只不过是迟到了一会儿,不要发火嘛!
a little late 是"稍稍迟到". "...迟到"是 be late for....
"及时赶上"是 be in time for... have a fit/forty fits 是"勃然大怒".
Don't be fussy 2 about trifles. 是(不要大惊小怪)之意.
75. God, I've had it with this job!
天啊!这种工作我真是受够了.
have had it 是"吃不消,厌烦了"之意. 和 I've had enough of it! 同义.
I am done with it. 是(我不干了). You're fired. 是(你被解雇了.)
(我被解雇了)可以说 I was fired/got it in the neck.
- The promise of huge profits seduced him into parting with his money. 高额利润的许诺诱使他把钱出了手。
- His doctrines have seduced many into error. 他的学说把许多人诱入歧途。