时间:2019-01-03 作者:英语课 分类:实用英语


英语课

    世博会历史英语对话(1)

Maomao: Hi, do you know the “origin” of the Eiffel Tower?

    毛毛:哎,你知道埃菲尔铁塔的“身世”吗?

    Xiao Luo: It’s designed by Gustavo Eiffel, a French architect. Is there anything different?

    小罗:法国建筑师埃菲尔造的,还有什么奥妙之处?

    Maomao: Something you’ve never known! The Eiffel Tower was built for Universal Exhibition1889 Paris France.

    毛毛:不知道了吧!埃菲尔铁塔是1889年法国巴黎世博会的建筑物。

    Xiao Luo: did people construct buildings for World Expo?

    小罗:世博会还造建筑物?

    Maomao: Of course! World Expo brings us not only the landmark 1 buildings, but also many greatinventions. Have you ever heard the slogan—“Everything starts with World Expo”?

    毛毛:那当然!不仅建筑呢,世博会使人类许多伟大的发明成果走进了我们的生活。没听过一句话么,“一切始于世博会”。

    Xiao Luo: Are you joking?

    小罗:你没开玩笑吧?

    Maomao: Of course not. The incandescent 2 lamp we use in daily life was invented by Edison.

    毛毛:当然没有。我们日常生活中用的白炽灯,是爱迪生发明的。

    Xiao Luo: I know, but how is it related to World Expo?

    小罗:这我知道,但与世博会有什么关系呢?

    Maomao: The incandescent lamp was displayed first in a World’s Fair, and then introduced into people’s life. So did the Edison gramophones, its voice were first heard by visitors in World Expo.

    毛毛:白炽灯也是通过世博会的展示才被普及使用的。还有爱迪生发明的留声机,也是在世博会上第一次让人们听到了从留声机里发出的声音。

    Xiao Luo: What you said remind me of the marvelous building in Belgium, which is supposed tobe of a blood tie with World Expo, isn’t it?

    小罗:你这么一说我想起来了,好像在比利时还有一个特别棒的建筑,也有着世博“血缘”。

    Maomao: Bingo! What you mentioned is the Atomiun built for World’s Fair 1958 Brussels Belgium.It was called as the most stunning 3 building in the world!

    毛毛:没错!你说的是1958年比利时布鲁塞尔世博会留下的原子塔建筑,被誉为“地球上最令人感到震惊的建筑”!

    Xiao Luo: Right, I saw the model, suspended cable structure, unbelievable!

    小罗:对我看过模型,悬索结构,妙不可言!



n.陆标,划时代的事,地界标
  • The Russian Revolution represents a landmark in world history.俄国革命是世界历史上的一个里程碑。
  • The tower was once a landmark for ships.这座塔曾是船只的陆标。
adj.遇热发光的, 白炽的,感情强烈的
  • The incandescent lamp we use in daily life was invented by Edison.我们日常生活中用的白炽灯,是爱迪生发明的。
  • The incandescent quality of his words illuminated the courage of his countrymen.他炽热的语言点燃了他本国同胞的勇气。
adj.极好的;使人晕倒的
  • His plays are distinguished only by their stunning mediocrity.他的戏剧与众不同之处就是平凡得出奇。
  • The finished effect was absolutely stunning.完工后的效果非常美。
标签: 世博会