时间:2018-12-31 作者:英语课 分类:365个英语简短小故事


英语课

Gary and Alma were having problems 1, again.


"But you told me it was 2 okay 3 to call up Carol 4," said 5 Gary. "I asked you if it was okay to talk to her, because it was her birthday and I've wished her a happy birthday every year for the last 10 years."


"But you had 6 already 7 promised 8 me that you would 9 never call her again. You promised me that. So, you lied to me."


"But I had forgotten that I told you that. You know that I forget things. I'm not going 12 to argue 13 with you; you have a memory 14 like an elephant. But you've got 11 to believe 15 me, I completely 16 forgot 10. And more important 17, Carol is just a friend."


"No, she isn't. She's still in love with you."


"But I'm not in love with her. She can love me all she wants, but I'm not in love with her. I never was!"


"Well, you say that. Maybe it's true 18. Maybe it isn't. But the important thing is that you never know what the future 19 will bring. You say that nothing will happen between you and her, but you don't know that for sure, because you don't know the future."


"Yes, you're right. No one knows the future. I could 20 fall in love with her again, and she and I might 21 run off 22 and get married 23 and have nine or ten kids 24."


"Again? What do you mean 'again'?"


 



n.问题( problem的名词复数 );疑难问题;习题;思考题
  • It was an action replay of the problems of his first marriage. 这是他第一次婚姻问题的重演。
  • a few admin problems 一些行政问题
v.(is,am的过去式)是,在
  • He said he was right.他说他是正确的。
  • He was cold and hungry.他又冷又饿。
(=okey,O.K.)adj./adv.好,行,不错;n.同意
  • The play is okay,but I still prefer the book.戏还可以,可我仍愿读原著。
  • Is it okay with you if I borrow this book?我借这本书你不在意吧?
n.赞美诗,圣诞颂歌
  • Silent Night is my favourite carol.《平安夜》是我最喜欢的圣诞颂歌。
  • The people in the church are singing a christmas carol.教堂里的人们正在唱圣诞颂歌。
v.动词say的过去式、过去分词
  • He said to me that he could not come.他对我说他不能来。
  • He said to his mother that he would do it by himself.他对他的母亲说他将自己独立做那件事。
vbl.have的过去式和过去分词;conj.有
  • I just had a good idea!我有个好主意!
  • The boy had a small branch of a tree in his hand.这个男孩手上拿一条小树枝。
adv.已经
  • We have eaten already.我们已经吃过了。
  • I've been there already,so I don't want to go again.我早已去过那里了,所以我不想再去了。
vt.& vi.(promise的过去式或过去分词形式);承诺;允诺;答应v.允诺( promise的过去式和过去分词 );答应;有…希望;预示
  • He promised to avenge his father's murder. 他发誓要报杀父之仇。
  • They embraced and promised to keep in touch. 他们互相拥抱,许诺将保持联系。
aux.will的过去式;愿,要;常常;大概;将要,会
  • Why would you say that?为什么你会这么说?
  • Would you please help me?你能帮帮我吗?
v.动词forget的过去式,忘记,遗漏,轻忽
  • The boy forgot where he put his textbook.那男孩忘记把课本放在什么地方了。
  • I forgot how to do it.我忘记怎样做了。
v.(get的过去式)得到,猜到,明白
  • I just got some bad news.我刚得到一些坏消息。
  • I have got far too much work to do.我要做的事太多了。
n.去,离去,地面(或道路)的状况,工作情况;(复数形式)goings: 行为;adj.进行中的,流行的,现存的
  • We're going to listen to a report this afternoon. 今天下午我们要去听报告。
  • He hates leaving the office and going on holiday.他不愿离开办公室去度假。
vi.辩论,争论;vt.辩论,论证;说服,劝说
  • I won't argue about the matter.我不会争论这件事。
  • They sometimes argue off for hours.他们有时一争就是几小时。
n.记忆,记忆力,回忆,纪念
  • He is aged,but his memory is still good.他已年老, 然而记忆力还好。
  • I have a good memory so I learn more quickly than others.我记忆力很好,因此学起来比别人快一些。
v.相信;认为
  • Believe it or not,that's the way it is.信不信由你,反正事情就是这样。
  • I believe what you say.我相信你的话。
adv.完全地,十分地,全然
  • She never completely gave up hope.她从不完全放弃希望。
  • I feel completely in the dark on this question.这件事使我感到茫然。
adj.重要的;重大的;严重的
  • It's important to find out what he is doing.弄清他在干什么是重要的。
  • This is a very important problem.这个问题很重要。
a.真实,不假的;忠实,可靠的;正确无误的
  • He who doesn't reach the Great Wall is not a true man.不到长城非好汉。
  • I will come and see if it is true.我要来了解一下,是否真有其事。
adj.将来的,未来的;n.将来,未来
  • We are still on the way of future.我们还在未来的路上。
  • We all work hard in the interests of our future.我们都为我们自己的将来而努力工作。
v.能,可能(can的过去式);aux.v.(can的过去式)能;可以
  • Could I open the window?我可以打开窗子吗?
  • I could wait ten minutes.我可以等十分钟。
aux./v.(may的过去式)可能;可以,允许
  • It looks as if it might snow.看起来好像要下雪了。
  • Might I ask a question?我能问个问题吗?
adj.远的;休假的,空闲的;adv.走开,出发,隔断;prep.离开,脱落,在...之外
  • You'd better cool off first.你最好先冷静下来。
  • I need some time off.我需要一些时间休息。
adj.已婚的;与…结婚的
  • I heard John got married.我听说约翰结婚了。
  • They got married last autumn.他们在去年秋季结婚。
n.小孩( kid的名词复数 );年轻人;小山羊;小山羊皮
  • My funny drawings amused the kids. 我的滑稽图画把孩子们逗乐了。
  • The neighbours' kids are the bane of my life . 街坊邻居的孩子让我生活得很不安宁。