王力宏牛津大学演讲 第13期
时间:2018-12-30 作者:英语课 分类:哈佛牛津名人名校演讲
英语课
There, that's a C-pop mixtape that you can check out. 你们可以看到,这是一盘华流混音录音带。
I was gonna burn you all CDs, but my publicist reminded me lovingly that that would be illegal and because I'm a professional recording 1 artist. I shouldn't do that. 我想要给你们所有人烧盘的,但是我的宣传员很善意地提醒我 那是非法的,因为我是一个职业的唱片歌手,我不可以这么做。
But actually the links work out nicely because you get to see the music videos as well on a lot of these songs. 不过这些链接都有用,你可以看这些音乐视频以及这些歌曲。
And these guys...These ten songs are songs that I love, and ten different Chinese artists to start you off on getting to know and love Chinese pop, and I think these guys are awesome 2 and I hope you do too. 他们……这十首我爱的歌曲,十位不同的华语歌手,他们会开启你认识和爱上华语流行歌曲的路程。我认为这些人很棒,我希望你们也这样认为。
And I just want to wrap up by saying that being here on the Oxford 3 campus really makes me nostalgic for my days at Williams. 最后我想说,在这里,在牛津校园,真的让我想起了过去在威廉姆斯的日子。
And when I look back on those four years, some of my fondest memories are spending time with my roommates,Stefan Papaioannou and Jason Price. 当我回顾这四年,我最喜欢的记忆就是和我的室友度过的时光:司特芬·帕佩约阿鲁和杰森·普莱斯。
And in fact Jason is here in the audience today, and made a special trip from London just to see me. 其实杰森今天来了,他从伦敦特地赶来就是为了看我。
And I suppose in the beginning we were strangers, who didn't know much about each other. 我想在最初我们是陌生人,对对方了解不多。
And sometimes we did compete for the shower and there were times we did intrude 4 on each other's privacy. 有时还抢着洗澡,也有侵犯对方隐私的时候。
But I've always loved listening to Stefan's stories, about growing up in a Greek family and his opinions on what authentic 5 Greek food really was. 但是我一直喜欢听司特芬讲故事,讲他成长在一个希腊家庭和对于什么是真正的希腊食物的看法。
Or Jason's stories, about wanting to make violins and to live in Cremona, Italy like Antonio Stradivari, and he did do that. 或者杰森的故事,说他想成为一个小提琴制造者,去意大利的克雷莫纳,就像安东尼奥·斯特拉迪瓦里那样,而最后他做到了。
And I will never forget many years later, when I played a Jason Price handmade violin for the first time, and how that felt. 我永远不会忘记,多年后我第一次演奏杰森·普莱斯手造的小提琴时,那种感觉。
They were always attentive 6 and respectful, when I told them what it was like for me, growing up in a Chinese household with strict parents who made me study. 他们总是很照顾人,尊重人,当我给他们讲我的故事,在中国人的家庭中长大,有非常严格的父母,总是让我学习。
So we shared stories, but the strongest bonds between us were formed, just sitting around and listening to music together. 我们分享故事,但是我们之间最强烈的纽带,是坐在一起听音乐的时候结成的。
And I really do see that as a model for East and West. 我认为这真的是东西方之间的一种模式。
So that's why I want to share Chinese music with you today. 这就是我今天分享中文歌曲的原因。
because it's the best way I know how to create the lasting 7 friendships that transcends 8 all barriers, and allow us to know each other truly, authentically 9 and just as we are. 因为我所知道的建立长久友谊,跨越一切障碍,让我们坦诚相见的最好方式就是音乐。
Thank you. 谢谢。
n.录音,记录
- How long will the recording of the song take?录下这首歌得花多少时间?
- I want to play you a recording of the rehearsal.我想给你放一下彩排的录像。
adj.令人惊叹的,难得吓人的,很好的
- The church in Ireland has always exercised an awesome power.爱尔兰的教堂一直掌握着令人敬畏的权力。
- That new white convertible is totally awesome.那辆新的白色折篷汽车简直棒极了.
n.牛津(英国城市)
- At present he has become a Professor of Chemistry at Oxford.他现在已是牛津大学的化学教授了。
- This is where the road to Oxford joins the road to London.这是去牛津的路与去伦敦的路的汇合处。
vi.闯入;侵入;打扰,侵扰
- I do not want to intrude if you are busy.如果你忙我就不打扰你了。
- I don't want to intrude on your meeting.我不想打扰你们的会议。
a.真的,真正的;可靠的,可信的,有根据的
- This is an authentic news report. We can depend on it. 这是篇可靠的新闻报道, 我们相信它。
- Autumn is also the authentic season of renewal. 秋天才是真正的除旧布新的季节。
adj.注意的,专心的;关心(别人)的,殷勤的
- She was very attentive to her guests.她对客人招待得十分周到。
- The speaker likes to have an attentive audience.演讲者喜欢注意力集中的听众。
adj.永久的,永恒的;vbl.持续,维持
- The lasting war debased the value of the dollar.持久的战争使美元贬值。
- We hope for a lasting settlement of all these troubles.我们希望这些纠纷能获得永久的解决。
超出或超越(经验、信念、描写能力等)的范围( transcend的第三人称单数 ); 优于或胜过…
- The chemical dilution technique transcends most of the difficulties. 化学稀释法能克服大部分困难。
- The genius of Shakespeare transcends that of all other English poets. 莎士比亚的才华胜过所有的其他英国诗人。
ad.sincerely真诚地
- Gina: And we should give him something 2 authentically Taiwanese. 吉娜:而且我们应该送他有纯正台湾味的东西。
- A loser is one who fails to correspond authentically. 失败者则指那些未能做到诚实可靠的人。
标签:
王力宏