时间:2018-12-27 作者:英语课 分类:英语听力广播—Listening


英语课
When You Start to Pursue Your Dreams
 
追逐梦想
 
You'll be tempted 1 to bail 2 out for something more secure. And you'll get over it.
 
你想要保护某个东西,使其更安全。那么你就得战胜危险。
 
Job security is a myth.
 
工作是否稳定实际上就是个谜。
 
Regardless of pension promises or signed contracts, the real fact of the matter is there is no ‘job security’ in working for someone else.
 
“不管是否许诺了解决养老问题,或者是否签订了工作合同,这个真实情况就是:为别人打工就没有‘铁饭碗’。
 
If at any time for any reason the boss has a problem with you, the market goes south, your contract's over, the clientele fades, the account goes red, or the business goes belly-up, you are becoming an unemployment statistic 3. ~ Eric Dubay
 
在任何时候、任何地点,要是这个老板想找你麻烦,哪怕是市场不景气引起的,你也可能会丢掉工作。客源的流失、财政的赤字、经济陷入死角,你的名字都有可能出现在失业统计的数据中。”尔克杜拜说道。
 

1 tempted
v.怂恿(某人)干不正当的事;冒…的险(tempt的过去分词)
  • I was sorely tempted to complain, but I didn't. 我极想发牢骚,但还是没开口。
  • I was tempted by the dessert menu. 甜食菜单馋得我垂涎欲滴。
2 bail
v.舀(水),保释;n.保证金,保释,保释人
  • One of the prisoner's friends offered to bail him out.犯人的一个朋友答应保释他出来。
  • She has been granted conditional bail.她被准予有条件保释。
3 statistic
n.统计量;adj.统计的,统计学的
  • Official statistics show real wages declining by 24%.官方统计数字表明实际工资下降了24%。
  • There are no reliable statistics for the number of deaths in the battle.关于阵亡人数没有可靠的统计数字。