大忙人学社交口语 第20期:谈论同事被绑架
时间:2018-12-26 作者:英语课 分类:大忙人学社交口语
英语课
Do you remember John from head office?
你记得总公司的John吗?
Yes.
记得。
Have you heard what happened to him?
你有没有听说他出了什么事?
No, what?
没有。怎么了?
He had his car stolen.
他的车被偷了。
Actually he was kidnapped while he was in the car.
他等于是被绑架了,因为他当时在车里。
What do you mean?
你的意思是?
Well, apparently 1, he was just getting into his car,哦,他显然是才刚上车。
He'd parked it in one of those underground multi-story things-he was just getting in and suddenly three guys with guns opened the back doors of the car and got in.
他把车停在那些多层式地下停车场的其中一层,他一上车,就有三个持枪的歹徒突然打开后车门跳进去。
Crikey. Where did this happen?
哎哟。这件事在哪里发生的?
In Taichung, I think.
我想是在台中。
Oh, right, I hear they have a lot of this kind of problem down there.
嗅,对,我听说当地有很多这类问题。
Really? Well anyway, they pointed 2 their guns at him and said, you know, keep calm and drive out.
真的吗?反正他们就拿枪指着他说,静静把车开出去就对了。
We don't want to hurt you...we just want your car.
我们不想伤害你,我们只是要你的车而已。
So what happened?
所以结果呢?
Well, he drove out, and when he got to the booth 3 to pay the attendant 4, he pretended to have an epileptic fit, you know, to scare the thieves away.
哦,他把车开出去,等开到票亭要缴钱给收费员时,便假装羊癫疯发作,你知道,以便把歹徒吓跑。
The attendant was no help at all: even though the guys were holding guns in plain view, he did nothing.
但收费员根本置之不理,虽然眼睁睁看着那些人拿着枪,他却袖手旁观。
That's terrible.
太可怕了。
Yes, makes you think, doesn't it.
是啊,你连想都不敢想。
So what happened next?
所以接下来呢?
Well, he kept on pretending to have a fit, so they freaked out and just ran away.
额,他一直假装发病,于是他们便吓得逃走了。
Well, he sure was lucky.
噢,他真是走运。
I'll say.
我也这么觉得。
1 apparently
adv.显然地;表面上,似乎
- An apparently blind alley leads suddenly into an open space.山穷水尽,豁然开朗。
- He was apparently much surprised at the news.他对那个消息显然感到十分惊异。
2 pointed
adj.尖的,直截了当的
- He gave me a very sharp pointed pencil.他给我一支削得非常尖的铅笔。
- She wished to show Mrs.John Dashwood by this pointed invitation to her brother.她想通过对达茨伍德夫人提出直截了当的邀请向她的哥哥表示出来。
标签:
口语