大忙人学社交口语 第27期:回应
时间:2018-12-26 作者:英语课 分类:大忙人学社交口语
英语课
Conversation 1
对话1
A funny thing happened to me the other day.
前几天我碰到了一件好玩的事。
I was just thinking 1 about someone I went to school with, this boy I was quite friendly with in third grade.
我想起一个以前跟我一起上学的人,那个男生在三年级的时候跟我很要好。
We used 2 to hang out together, he lived next door, but then my parents moved and I changed schools and never saw him again.
他就住在隔壁,我们经常在一起玩。可是后来我父母搬了家,我也转学了,从此再也没跟他见过面。
Well, I was walking down Nan Jing Dong Lu (Nanjing E. Rd.)during my lunch break thinking about this boy.
我午休时间走南京东路上,心里想到这个男孩。
I have no idea why I was thinking about him.
我不知道为什么会想起他……
Yes, and suddenly I heard someone call my name.
对呀,然后我突然听到有人叫我的名字。
I turned around and there was this man looking at me.
我回过头去,看到有个男人在看我。
I didn't recognize 3 him at all, but he obviously 4 knew who I was.
我完全认不出他来,他却一副认识我的样子。
You got it. Well, he walked up to me and said my name again and then realized it was the boy I had been thinking about, the one from third grade!
你说对了。好啦,他朝我走过来,又叫了一次我的名字。然后我认出来了,他就是我心里想的那个三年级的男孩!
Yeah, isn't it?
对,难道不是吗?
Conversation 2
对话2
Did you see Ally 5 McBeal last night?
你昨晚有看《艾莉的异想世界》吗?
Oh, it was hilarious 6. You know John's frog?
噢,太有趣了,你知道John的青蛙吗?
That's right. Well, they all went out to a Chinese restaurant to celebrate and took the frog with them.
没错,他们带着青蛙一起到中国餐厅庆祝。
Well, John thought the frog looked hungry, so he asked Ling to help him ask the waiter if they could take the frog into the kitchen to feed it.
嗯,John觉得青蛙看起来有点俄,所以请Ling帮他请服务员带青蛙到厨房去喂它。
Ling asked the waiter in Chinese, and the waiter took the frog away.
Ling用中文请服务员帮忙,服务员便把青蛙带走了。
Well, after a while, the waiter brought a new dish to the table, which they all enjoyed.
嗯,过了一会儿,服务员端一道新菜色上桌,他们都很喜欢。
Then John started to get a bit worried about why it was taking them so long to feed the frog, so he asked the waiter about it.
然后John开始有点担心,为什么喂个青蛙花了这么久的时间,于是他问了服务员。
And the waiter told them that the dish they had just eaten was John's frog!
然后服务员告诉他们,他们刚用过的菜色就是John的青蛙!
The waiter misunderstood 7 Ling's request 8 and cooked the frog and served it to them.
服务员误会了Ling的要求,把青蛙给煮了并送上桌。
Yes, but it's also really funny, don't you think?
是啊!但真的很有趣,你不觉得吗?
1 thinking
n.思考,思想;adj.思考的,有理性的;vbl.想,思考
- All thinking men will protest against it.凡是有思想的人都会抗议这件事。
- Thinking is mainly performed with words and other symbols.思想主要是用言语和其他符号来表达的。
2 used
adj.用旧了的,旧的;习惯于…;过去惯/经常
- I used to work until nearly 6:00 o'clock each day.我过去常常工作到6:00左右。
- He used to walk anywhere from two to five miles an hour.他过去经常一小时走二至五英里。
3 recognize
vt.认出,认可,承认,公认,识别,赏识;vi.承认,具结
- How will I recognize you?我怎样才能认出你?
- I want to recognize Mr.Green.我想要认识格林先生。
4 obviously
adv.显然;明白地
- Obviously they were putting him to a severe test.显然他们是在给他以严峻的考验。
- Obviously he was lying.显然他是在撒谎。
5 ally
n.同盟者,同盟国;vt.使结盟,与...有关联
- In that war England was not an ally,she was neutral.在那场战争中,英国不同任何一国结盟,保持中立。
- She felt she needed an ally so badly.她感到她极需一个支持者。
6 hilarious
adj.充满笑声的,欢闹的;[反]depressed
- The party got quite hilarious after they brought more wine.在他们又拿来更多的酒之后,派对变得更加热闹起来。
- We stop laughing because the show was so hilarious.我们笑个不停,因为那个节目太搞笑了。
7 misunderstood
被误解的
- I completely misunderstood her intentions. 我完全误会了她的意图。
- a much misunderstood illness 一种遭到许多人误解的疾病
标签:
社交口语