大忙人学社交口语 第41期:醉得厉害
时间:2018-12-26 作者:英语课 分类:大忙人学社交口语
英语课
Conversation 1
对话1
Who's that tall guy over there?
那边那个高个子是谁?
Oh, that's George. He looks very drunk.
哦,那是George。他看起来醉得很厉害。
What's he like normally?
他平常为人怎么样?
Oh, he's really reserved, normally.
额,他平常很拘谨。
But, from what I hear, he's got lots of problems?
可是据我所知,他似乎有很多问题。
Really? What kind of problems?
是吗?什么样的问题?
Well, off the record, of course, but I hear that he's got terrible debts.
哦,别告诉别人,我听说他负债累累。
He has his own company, and it's not going very well.
他自己开公司,但经营得不太好。
Really? Well, I hate to say this, but I'm not surprised.
真的吗?我很不想这么说,不过我并不觉得意外。
Really? What makes you say that?
是吗,你为什么会这么说?
Well, he doesn't look very honest.
哦……他似乎不太老实。
I know, that's the problem. He can't find any customers.
我知道,问题就出在这里。他根本找不到客户。
It's a pity, really, because his products are very good.
这真的很可惜,因为他的产品很好。
Oh, that reminds me. Did I tell you about my new laptop?
对了,我突然想到,我有没有跟你提过我的新笔记本电脑?
Oh, don't talk to me about laptops.
拜托,别跟我提到笔记本电脑。
Mine crashed on Friday and I lost everything. I hate them.
我的笔记本电脑星期五坏了,资料全都不见了。气死我了。
Oh, really?
哦,是吗?
Look, I need another drink. Do you want one?
对了,我要再喝一杯。你要吗?
Yes, I'll have another cocktail 1.
好,我还要一杯鸡尾酒。
Vodka martini?
伏特加马丁尼是吗?
Absolutely.
没错。
I'll be back in a sec.
我等下就回来。
OK. I'll wait for you here.
好,我在这里等你。
Conversation 2
对话2
Who's that striking woman over there?
那边那个大美女是谁?
Hm? Oh, that's Alice. She's totally mad.
嗬?俄,那是Alice。
Don't get yourself in a room alone with her.
她根本是个疯子,千万不要跟她独处一室。
Really? Why not? She looks great.
是吗,为什么?她看起来很不错啊。
Yes, I know, but she's dangerous.
是啊,我知道,可是她很危险。
Really? Tell me more.
是吗,再说多一点。
Well, I'm not one to gossip, as you know, but rumor 2 has it that she sued her former boss for sexual harassment 3.
Karen哦,你也知道我不爱说长道短,不过有传闻说,她告她的前任老板性骚扰。
Wow, crikey. So what happened?
哇塞,结果呢?
Well, this is just between ourselves, of course, but he was her lover and he wanted to leave her, so she got revenge.
这个嘛,千万不要说出去,他们两个是一对,而他想要离开她,于是她就报复。
I heard him say she was a dangerous woman.
我听他说,她是个危险的女人。
Wow.
哇。
Oh, while we're on the subject, what happened to you and your secretary?
对了,既然我们聊到了这件事,你跟你的秘书怎么样了?
I have no idea what you're talking about.
我不知道你在说什么。
Oh, come on. Everybody knows.
你得了吧,大家都知道。
Could you excuse me a moment? I have to make a phone call.
容我告辞一下好吗?我得打个电话。
Oh, sure.
哦,当然好。
1 cocktail
n.鸡尾酒;餐前开胃小吃;混合物
- We invited some foreign friends for a cocktail party.我们邀请了一些外国朋友参加鸡尾酒会。
- At a cocktail party in Hollywood,I was introduced to Charlie Chaplin.在好莱坞的一次鸡尾酒会上,人家把我介绍给查理·卓别林。
2 rumor
n.谣言,谣传,传说
- The rumor has been traced back to a bad man.那谣言经追查是个坏人造的。
- The rumor has taken air.谣言流传开了。
3 harassment
n.骚扰,扰乱,烦恼,烦乱
- She often got telephone harassment at night these days.这些天她经常在夜晚受到电话骚扰。
- The company prohibits any form of harassment.公司禁止任何形式的骚扰行为。
标签:
社交口语