高频英语口语对话 第299期:买学生机
时间:2019-02-15 作者:英语课 分类:高频英语口语对话
英语课
买学生机
dialogue
英语情景对话
A:Can I help you?
A:我可以帮你吗?
B:Yes, I need to buy a computer for this semester 1. I was told it is cheaper to buy computers here.
B:是的,这学期我需要买一台电脑,人家告诉我这里的电脑比较便宜。
A:Well, you heard right. You can c excellent deal on a new computer We have great discounts for students.
A:的确,你听说的没错。在这儿买新电脑你可以拿到很不错的价格,我们给学生很大的折扣。
B:I don't know much about computers. But I know I want a desktop 2 computer with a lot of memory. And I need a printer.
B:我对电脑了解不多,但是我知道我想要一台有很大内存的台式电脑,而且我还要一台打印机。
A:Well, first let's consider your computer. Here, for example, is a system I highly 3 recommend 4-the Power Macintosh G3. it comes with 64 megabytes of total memory.
A:好的,我们先考虑你要的电脑。我极力推荐这儿的一套系统———麦金塔G3。它的总内存为六十四兆。
B:Is that a lot? Sixty-four?
B:那很大吗?六十四?
A:Yes, it is. It should be enough for any student needs you might have. What department are you in?
A:是的,对任何学生的需求应该是足够了。你是什么系的?
B:History.
B:历史系。
A:Well, so you will mostly be using word processing, for writing papers 5. I recommend the Corel Word Perfect program for word processing. We can talk about software later. Let's talk about your hardware 6 first. We have a special deal on right now. I should tell you about it, as it only goes until next Tuesday. If you buy one of these fifteen-inch color monitors with a Power Macintosh G3, you can actually get 30 percent off the usual sale price.
A:嗯.所以你会常用文字处理系统来写论文。我推荐用Corel Word Perfect程式来做文字处理。我们待会再来谈软件,先谈硬件吧。我们现在有特价,我应该告诉你,因为只持续到星期二为止。如果你购买这套麦金塔G3系统的15寸彩显的主机,事实上可以拿到平常售价的七折。
B:Thirty percent?
B:七折?
A:Yes.
A:是的。
B:Wow. That's really good. And you think this is really a good system for a graduate student?
B:哇,太好了。你觉得对一个研究生而言,这真是一个很好的系统吗?
A:Yes. It's an excellent system.
A:是的,是很棒的系统。
B:Hmm. Hey, wait. This has an Apple on it. Is this an Apple computer?
B:嗯。嘿,等等,这上面有个苹果标志,这是苹果电脑吗?
A:Yes, it's a Macintosh. It's Apple. Mocintosh and Apple are the same thing.
A:是的,是麦金塔,就是苹果机。麦金塔和苹果机是一回事。
B:I don't want Macintosh. I want PC.
B:我不想要麦金塔,我要个人电脑。
A:I'm sorry, but our university computer center only sells Macintosh equipment.
A:很抱歉,但是我们大学电脑中心只卖麦金塔设备。
B:What? Are you serious?
B:什么?说真的吗?
A:Yes.
A:是的。
B:But nobody uses Macintosh!
B:可是没有人用麦金塔。
A:That's not true. Most of the students and professors in the university here use Macintosh. They find it is better for writing and word-processing, and that is what students mostly do. May I ask where you're from?
A:不会啊,这所大学大部分的学生和教授都用麦金塔。他们发现这套系统对写作和文字处理比较好,而且大多数学生都在使用它。我可以问你从哪来的吗?
B:Yes, I'm from Taiwan.
B:我是台湾来的。
A:Well, I know that in most Asian countries Apple is not very popular. But here in America, especially in universities and publishing companies, Apple is very commonly used.
A:哦,我知道苹果电脑在亚洲大多数的国家并不是很流行。但在美国这里,尤其是大学和出版社里,使用苹果电脑是非常普遍的。
B:But I need a computer that can handle writing in Chinese.
B:但是我需要一台可以处理中文写作的电脑。
A:There are several Chinese writing programs you can use with Macintosh. Chinese is no problem for Apple.
A:有一些中文的写作程式可以在麦金塔上使用,对苹果电脑而言,中文不是问题。
B:Hmm. I think I should ask some of my friends for advice before I make a decision. I'm sorry.
B:嘿。我想在做决定前应该请我一些朋友给点建议。很抱歉。
A:No, don't be sorry. It's reasonable to ask your friends. But believe me, most of the students here in the university-Asian students included-most of them use Apple.
A:不会,不需要抱歉。问你朋友是合理的,但是相信我,这所大学大多数的学生———包括亚洲的学生,大部分都使用苹果电脑。
B:Well, thanks for your advice. I will probably come back later.
B:好的,谢谢你的建议,我可能之后会再回来。
A:You're very welcome. Here is my card, if you need any help.
A:非常欢迎。这是我的名片,如果你需要任何帮忙的话。
n.一学期,半学年,六个月的时间
- A student will probably attend four or five courses during each semester.每个学生一学期可能要修四五门课程。
- I had an especially rough time during my first semester.我第一个学期的日子难受极了。
n.桌面管理系统程序;台式
- My computer is a desktop computer of excellent quality.我的计算机是品质卓越的台式计算机。
- Do you know which one is better,a laptop or a desktop?你知道哪一种更好,笔记本还是台式机?
adv.高度地,极,非常;非常赞许地
- It is highly important to provide for the future.预先做好准备非常重要。
- The teacher speaks very highly of the boy's behaviour.老师称赞这个男孩的表现。
vt.推荐,介绍;劝告,建议;使成为可取,使受欢迎
- Can you recommend me a good book?你能给我介绍一本好书吗?
- I can recommend this play to all lovers of good theatre.我把这个剧推荐给所有爱好优秀戏剧的人。
n.文件,纸币,论文
- I want to check with my secretary before I sign the papers.在签署这些文件前,我要与我的秘书商议。
- The lawyer read all the papers relating to the case.律师阅读了与该案有关的全部文件。