音乐咖啡厅:再回首却迷茫了自己
Bonny, bonny was my seat in the red rosy 1 yard
Bonny, bonny,
是我玫瑰园的长椅
And bonny was my ship in the town of Ballynagard
Bonny, bonny,
是为我遮风挡雨的一叶小舟
Shade and shelter was for me till I began to fail
直到有一天,我慢慢的倒下
You all may guess now my distress 2 lies near the Nightingale
夜莺初啼,你会知道我、知道我的烦恼
Grief 3 and woe 4 that I must go to fight for England's King
为了国王我将踏上征程,悲伤懊恼填满我心
I neither know his friend or foe 5, and war's a cruel thing
我不知道谁是朋友谁是敌人,我只知道战争多么残酷
The nightingale is near at hand, my time at home is brief
夜莺初啼,我知道在家时日无多
And Carey's steams and mountain land I part with bitter grief
作别家乡的山水和故土,我悲伤满怀
No more I'll walk the golden hills with Nancy by my side
再不能和心上人,去到那夕阳下的青山
Or dream along the sun bright rills, or view my land with pride
再不能在梦里的山梁上,遥望家乡的土地
We sail away at dawn of day, the sails are ready set
我们在黎明即将上路,远航的风帆已经拉满
When old Benmore I see no more, I'll sigh with deep regret
当家乡渐行渐远,唯有叹息遗恨交织我心
Now all must change and I must range across the ocean wide
面目全非的我,要穿越那遥远的海峡
Our ship she may in Biscay's Bay lie low beneath the tide
我们的战船会停靠在比斯开湾,落潮的地方
If I should fall by cannon 6 ball, or sink beneath the sea
如果我倒在炮火中,或是长眠于深海
Good people all, a tear let fall and mourn for mine and me
善良的人们啊,请流下你一滴眼泪,为我和我的一切过往
If God should spare me my greying hair and bring me back again
如果上苍染黑我花白的发丝,让我回到家乡
I'd love far more my Antrim shore, its dark blue hills and rain
我会更加热爱安特里姆那金色海滩、蓝色的山梁和黑色的雨滴
Around the fires, my heart's desires, heaven grant till life shall fail
炉火边,让我的愿望在天堂里实现,直到我倒下的那一刻
And keep me far from the cruel war and from the Nightingale
让我远离那残酷的战火,远离那夜莺的啼哭
CarapDillonpp卡拉·迪伦p当下爱尔兰最具号召力的女歌手。
给我的感觉她就只是个孩子,不知道用天籁去形容是否恰当。
她出生于1975年,来自一个爱尔兰传统音乐世家。她的声音如此清透美丽而极具风格,让观众们觉得相间恨晚。用这样一句话来形容Cara Dillon不足为过:Cara Dillon是个不寻常的天才!
仅仅几年的时间内,Cara Dillon凭借她震撼人心的表演和成熟迷人的声音赢得了整个国家观众的心,以及其他几个国家的观众,因为她的表演能穿越国界,文化和语言。自从Cara Dillon与Sam Lakeman离开原来的唱片公司去追求自己个性化的音乐,他们已经逐渐写出并录制了显示他们自己强烈个性的首张唱片。自1996年之后5年时间里,尽管他们面临诸多困难,于2001年,精美的一张唱片终于出炉问世。几乎所有的歌曲都是具有传统习俗风格的,但也有一些精细的创新,属于他们个性化的创意,如在歌曲中叙述一个美妙的故事,特别是Sam Lakeman亲自弹奏的钢琴伴奏声,极和谐地配合着他美妙的声音流淌。因此,这张唱片,对即使非常不习惯听传统乡村音乐的人,也易于接受。
- She got a new job and her life looks rosy.她找到一份新工作,生活看上去很美好。
- She always takes a rosy view of life.她总是对生活持乐观态度。
- Nothing could alleviate his distress.什么都不能减轻他的痛苦。
- Please don't distress yourself.请你不要忧愁了。
- Don't allow yourself to sink into grief,it can do no good.不要使自己陷入悲哀之中,这样一点好处也没有。
- After her mother died,she abandoned herself to grief.母亲死后,她沉浸于悲痛之中。
- Our two peoples are brothers sharing weal and woe.我们两国人民是患难与共的兄弟。
- A man is well or woe as he thinks himself so.自认祸是祸,自认福是福。
- He knew that Karl could be an implacable foe.他明白卡尔可能会成为他的死敌。
- A friend is a friend;a foe is a foe;one must be clearly distinguished from the other.敌是敌,友是友,必须分清界限。