商务英语口语:电话预约篇(2)
时间:2019-02-05 作者:英语课 分类:天天商务口语
作为职场中的一员,我们免不了要外出办公。为了使自己的工作更有效率,我们就需要提前和对方确定好相关事宜,这时,电话就发挥了相当重要的作用。而善于使用电话的人,不仅能通过电话把事情办得圆满,还可以用它来解决当面不好说的许多问题呢!下面,我们就来学习一下如何用电话预约和解决问题。
GREGG: Hello.
葛雷格: 你好。
OFFICE ASSISTANT: I have Nick Delwin on the line for Helen. Do you want to take the call?
办公室文员: 有个叫尼克·戴尔文的人打来电话要找海伦。你想接这个电话吗?
GREGG: Yeah. OK. Thanks. Hi, Nick. Gregg Anderson here.
葛雷格: 是。好。谢谢。你好,尼克。我是葛雷格·安德森。
NICK: Hello, Gregg. I was hoping to speak to Helen.
尼克: 你好,葛雷格。我本来想找海伦的。
GREGG: Sorry, Helen’s away on business. Can I help?
葛雷格: 对不起,海伦外出办公了。我能帮忙吗?
NICK: Yes, Gregg, I think you probably can. I’m afraid I’ve got some rather bad news. It’s the trip over for Electronica.
尼克: 是的,葛雷格,我想你或许可以。恐怕我有一些坏消息。那是关于参加电子元器件展会的事情。
GREGG: Uh-huh?
葛雷格: 嗯嗯?
NICK: Yes, I’m afraid we’ve had a bit of an internal 1 reorganization here and we’ll be sending a much smaller team.
尼克: 是的,恐怕由于我们进行了一个小的内部调整,所以我们的代表团要比原计划的小很多。
GREGG: Well, does this mean you won’t be needing the same-sized booth 2, then?
葛雷格: 嗯,那这是否意味着你们不再需要同样大小的展位了?
NICK: I’m afraid so. There’ll just be Diane and myself. We won’t be able to handle such a large stand.
尼克: 恐怕是这样的。只有黛安和我会去。我们不可能使用那么大的一个展位。
GREGG: So, you’d like me to look into that, would you?
葛雷格: 所以,你希望我处理一下这件事,是吧?
NICK: I would be very grateful.
尼克: 非常感谢。
GREGG: OK, well, I suppose this will also have implications 3 for the reception on Saturday night?
葛雷格: 好,那么,我想这可能还意味着礼拜日的接待活动要有所调整了?
NICK: Yes, I’m afraid so. I would hope that we could still go ahead with it but it’ll have to be on a reduced budget.
尼克: 是的,恐怕是这样的。我希望,我们还是按计划走,只不过预算少了。
GREGG: Well, we were planning for eighty people. Could you give me an idea of what you have in mind now?
葛雷格: 嗯,我们原来是按照80人的规模筹划的。你能跟我说一下你们现在的打算吗?
NICK: Umm... could we say fifty, and perhaps you could get us a revised estimate 4? You know, the cost of a smaller stand at the exhibition, just the two hotel rooms, and a lower key reception.
尼克: 嗯……我想50人吧,也许你们可以给我们一个调整后的估计数字。你知道,在展会设置一个小一点的展位,只订两个旅馆房间,再加上一个低级别的接待会,就是这些的费用了。
GREGG: I’ll see what I can do. Of course, I’ll have to talk to Helen first.
葛雷格: 我尽量去做吧。当然,我必须先和海伦说一下。
NICK: Oh yes, I understand. But could you fax us through a revised budget - say by the end of the week?
尼克: 噢,当然,我明白。但你们可以,比如在月底前,给我们发一份调整后的预算传真吗?
GREGG: Yes, that should be OK. I’ll phone Diane if there’s any problem.
葛雷格: 可以,没问题。如果有什么问题的话,我会给黛安打电话。
NICK: That would be best. Goodbye, Gregg.
尼克: 那太好了。再见,葛雷格。
GREGG: Bye-bye.
葛雷格: 再见。
- He is talking to Tom on the internal telephone.他正在内线电话上与汤姆交谈。
- We do not intend to be drawn into the internal strife.我们不想卷入内乱之中。
- Where can I find a telephone booth?我在哪儿可以找到电话亭?
- Let's walk around to each booth.我们到每个摊子转一转吧!
- The development of the site will have implications for the surrounding countryside. 这个地点的开发将会影响周围的乡村。
- The research has far-reaching implications for medicine as a whole. 这项研究对整个医学界都有着深远的影响。