法律英语就该这么说 第146期:你有理由提起过失之诉
时间:2018-12-01 作者:英语课 分类:法律英语就该这么说
英语课
必背句型:
A:You have the grounds 1 for a negligence 2 action 3.
你有理由提起过失之诉。
B:I will accept 4 your advice 5.
我会接受你的建议。
You have the grounds for asking a post.
你有理由要求一个职位。
You have not the grounds for changing it.
你没有理由改变它。
You have the grounds for a start afresh.
你有理由重新开始。
延伸阅读:
A:It's too bad it had 6 to end this way.
这种结果太令人失望了!
B:I think so.
我也这么认为。
I feel really down.
我觉得好难过。
I can hardly 7 believe 8 it.
我简直不敢相信。
That's too bad.
太可惜了。
1 grounds
庭院; 理由; 渣滓; 泥土( ground的名词复数 ); 地面; [航海学]底; (工作、讨论等的)范围
- He was found not guilty of murder on the grounds of diminished responsibility. 他未被判谋杀罪是基于精神失常而减轻了刑事责任。
- The house has extensive grounds. 这栋房子有宽敞的庭院。
2 negligence
n.疏忽,玩忽,粗心大意
- They charged him with negligence of duty.他们指责他玩忽职守。
- The traffic accident was allegedly due to negligence.这次车祸据说是由于疏忽造成的。
3 action
n.动作;情节;作用;举动
- The time has come for action.行动的时候到了。
- Is your machine still in action?你的机器还在运转吗?
4 accept
vt.接受,领受;认可,同意;vi.同意,认可
- Please accept me as a friend.请把我当作朋友。
- Please accept it as a present.请把它作为一件礼物收下。
5 advice
n.忠告,建议,劝告
- After all my advice, he still went his own way.在我苦口婆心地相劝后,他仍然一意孤行。
- You should seek advice from your lawyer on this matter.你应该征求你的律师对这件事的意见。
6 had
vbl.have的过去式和过去分词;conj.有
- I just had a good idea!我有个好主意!
- The boy had a small branch of a tree in his hand.这个男孩手上拿一条小树枝。