简单慢速英语阅读:Two Babies
时间:2019-01-02 作者:英语课 分类:简单慢速英语阅读
She wanted to have two babies—one boy and one girl. She wanted to have the boy first and the girl a year later 2. That way they could 3 grow up together. He said 4 that was 5 okay 6 with him. She said, “What do you mean, ‘okay’? It shouldn’t be ‘okay’ with you. You should say that you want two babies just as 1 much as I do. If you don’t want two babies as much as I do, then forget it.” He asked, “Forget it? You mean that we won’t have two babies unless 7 I really want to have two babies?” She said, “Yes, that’s right. If you don’t really want two babies, then we won’t have two babies.” “Okay,” he said, “then let’s not have two babies.” “Are you sure about that?” she asked. He nodded 8 his head, “Yes, I’m sure. We can’t afford 9 even 10 one baby.” “Okay,” she said. “Goodbye.” “What do you mean, ‘goodbye’?” he asked. She told him she was going 11 to leave him. She was going to find a man who wanted to have two babies with her. He told her that he was just kidding—of course 12 he really wanted to have two babies with her. “Too late,” she said. “You already 13 told me how you really feel.”
- He got work in a hotel as a waiter.他在一家旅馆找到了当服务生的工作。
- In the hotel,the old men were drinking away as usual.在旅馆里,这些老人和往常一样喝个不停。
- He didn't turn up until half an hour later.半小时后他才出现。
- This part of the hospital was built on later.医院的这个部分是后来增建的。
- Could I open the window?我可以打开窗子吗?
- I could wait ten minutes.我可以等十分钟。
- He said to me that he could not come.他对我说他不能来。
- He said to his mother that he would do it by himself.他对他的母亲说他将自己独立做那件事。
- The play is okay,but I still prefer the book.戏还可以,可我仍愿读原著。
- Is it okay with you if I borrow this book?我借这本书你不在意吧?
- You will fail unless you work hard.如果你不积极工作,就会失败。
- Don't ask me to explain unless you really don't understand.不要叫我解释,除非你真的不懂。
- He nodded absently, his attention absorbed by the screen. 他专心注视着屏幕,只是心不在焉地点了点头。
- She nodded her head in agreement. 她点头表示同意。
- At last they could afford a house.他们终于买得起房子了。
- I'll afford you a chance.我将给你提供一个机会。
- It was cold yesterday,but it's even colder today. 昨天冷,今天更冷了。
- He's the best teacher even though he has the least experience.尽管他经验最少,但教得最好。
- We're going to listen to a report this afternoon. 今天下午我们要去听报告。
- He hates leaving the office and going on holiday.他不愿离开办公室去度假。
- The college course was then cut to three years.大学学制那时缩短到三年。
- Of course,I don't always sleep in the afternoons.当然,我并不总是在下午睡觉。