精神食粮
时间:2018-12-31 作者:英语课 分类:有声杂志阅读
Food for thought 精神食粮
There are moments in life when you miss someone so much that you just want to pick them from your dreams and hug them for real! When the door of happiness closes, another opens, but often times we look so long at the closed door that we don't see the one which has been opened for us. Don't go for looks; they can deceive 1. Don't go for wealth; even that fades 2 away. Go for someone who makes you smile because it takes only a smile to make a dark day seem bright. Find the one that makes your heart smile. Dream what you want to dream; go where you want to go; be what you want to be, because you have only one life and one chance to do all the things you want to do. May you have enough happiness to make you sweet, enough trials 3 to make you strong, enough sorrow 4 to keep you human, enough hope to make you happy. The happiest of people don't necessarily 5 have the best of everything; they just make the most of everything that comes along their way. Love begins with a smile, grows with a kiss and ends with a tear. The brightest future will always be based on a forgotten past, you can't go on well in life until you let go of your past failures and heartaches. When you were born, you were crying and everyone around you was smiling. Live your life so that when you die, you're the one who is smiling and everyone around you is crying.
- I think this is just a government ploy to deceive the public.我认为这只是政府欺骗公众的手段。
- Don't try to deceive me.你别诳我。
- Daylight fades when the sun sets. 太阳西沉,天色逐渐暗淡。
- When you turn on a transistorized radio, the sound comes on immediately; when you turn off, it fades out gradually. 你打开晶体管收音机,立刻就有声音,当你关掉它时,声音渐渐消失。
- The loss of relatives is among the most frequent trials in life. 失去亲人是人生最常遇到的痛事之一。
- They are doing clinical trials on a new drug. 他们正在做一种新药物的临床试验。
- It helps to share your sorrow with someone else.向他人诉说你的痛苦对你是有益的。
- I think she did it more in sorrow than in anger.我觉得她这样做更多是出于悲哀而不是愤恨。
- More work does not necessarily call for more men.增加工作量不一定就要增添人员。
- A voter must necessarily be no younger than eighteen.选民必须在18岁以上。