Fax machine maintenance A: Excuse me, Richard? Are you busy at the moment? B: Not really, Betty. What do you need? A: My fax machines on the blink. Would you take a look at it? B: Sure. I just need to do one other job first. How about if I come up ar

发表于:2018-12-25 / 阅读(68) / 评论(0) 分类 办公室英语口语

NANCY:Brr...It good cold so quickly. [00:21.50]RICHARD:Three messages. [00:23.90]NANCY:I'm going to heat up some apple cider.Do you want some? [00:28.70]RICHARD:Yes,please. [00:30.31]CONSTANZA:Hello Richard and Nancy.This is Constanza Fuentes calling

发表于:2018-12-26 / 阅读(97) / 评论(0) 分类 直捷英语

Explanation: Early to bed, early to rise (or get up) makes a man healthy, wealthy (or rich), and wise (or intelligent). This was just one of the many quotes (or famous phrases) of a man named Benjamin Franklin that are still popular today. Benjamin F

发表于:2018-12-28 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 美国精神

Unit 5 So many kinds of English Vocabulary Task Answers/Script A Sometimes I have trouble understanding native speakers. Thats because native speakers use a lot of slang. I wish I could speak English more fluently. B I want a teacher who is a native

发表于:2018-12-29 / 阅读(34) / 评论(0) 分类 大学体验英语听说教程

I don't know about you, but I love lists. You can't beat them as an organisational tool for getting things done. So when I first read Richard's list, I thought that it looked like a great guide to action. But on closer scrutiny, I wasn't so sure. Thi

发表于:2018-12-30 / 阅读(45) / 评论(0) 分类 名人励志英语演讲

I'm Avi Arditti with Rosanne Skirble, and this week on WORDMASTER: two-faced words, also known as Janus words after the Roman god with two faces looking in opposite directions or contronyms. RS:We are talking about a word that has developed two oppos

发表于:2018-12-30 / 阅读(62) / 评论(0) 分类 词汇大师(Wordmaster)

神探夏洛克第二季第三集_16 想记录来不及了? Too late to go on the record? 恭喜你 夏洛克福尔摩斯的真相 Congratulations, The Truth About Sherlock Holmes. 你弄到了大家都想要的猛料 真棒 The scoop that everybody

发表于:2019-01-01 / 阅读(41) / 评论(0) 分类 神探夏洛克第二季

剧情简介 Walter(理查詹金斯 Richard Jenkins 饰)的生活一成不变,20多年来教同一门课程,与别人一起合著自己没有出过半分力的书,请私人教师学钢琴又难以与人相处。生活沉闷如一潭死水。直到与他合著出书的shelly待产而无法前去参加学术年会换成Walter出席,他的生

发表于:2019-01-01 / 阅读(33) / 评论(0) 分类 影视英语听力

NANCY:Brr...It good cold so quickly. RICHARD:Three messages. NANCY:I'm going to heat up some apple cider.Do you want some? RICHARD:Yes,please. CONSTANZA:Hello Richard and Nancy.This is Constanza Fuent

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(119) / 评论(0) 分类 捷进英语

RICHARD:My wife's not here right now.Are you sure she called? DELIVERY PERSON:Nancy Hobart.176 Brook Street. Pick up:one package,for delivery to Sampson Wall Coverings. RICHARD:Sounds like her.I wish

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(100) / 评论(0) 分类 捷进英语

HEATHER:Mr.Hobart,please feel free to elaborate on anything you like. I want this interview to feel like a conversation. RICHARD:I'll do my best. HEATHER:Heather Vialo,WBNN,reporting from Richard Hoba

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(114) / 评论(0) 分类 捷进英语

NATHAN:My my,we are eager to answer the phone tonight. Do you think the owner's going to call? Danny,you can relax,man,because he's fast asleep. DANNY:Just serving the customer,Nathan.She had question

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(113) / 评论(0) 分类 捷进英语

CY:What do you think? RICHARD:I think somethin's caught in here. NANCY:I mean,what do you think of running? RICHARD:For office? NANCY:No,the Boston marathon.Yes,for office. RICHARD:I'm not sure.I love

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(118) / 评论(0) 分类 捷进英语

Todd: Richard, do you have a camera? Richard: I do. I have a video camera. It's over there. Todd: Wow! How often do you use it? Richard: I use the video camera regularly... uh...everytime I go on a trip. Recently I went to Nagasaki. Todd: Nagasaki! R

发表于:2019-01-11 / 阅读(36) / 评论(0) 分类 原版英语对话1000个

Musician Helped Define Rock n Roll in 1950s and 60s 音乐家帮助诠释了五六十年代摇滚乐含义 The music we call Rock n Roll became popular in the United States about 60 years ago. Rock n roll developed from two other musical traditions:

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(106) / 评论(0) 分类 2015年VOA慢速英语(六)月

21. Without the ability to think critically, to defend their ideas and understand the ideas of others, they cannot fully participate in our democracy. 【分析】简单句。句首介词短语withoutothers作条件状语,其中the ability后跟不定

发表于:2019-01-16 / 阅读(47) / 评论(0) 分类 考研英语长难句讲解

Todd: OK. Richard, do you like art? 托德:好,理查德,你喜欢艺术吗? Richard: I do. Very much. Yes. 理查德:我喜欢。非常喜欢。 Todd: OK. Um, what kind of art do you like? 托德:好。嗯,你喜欢哪种艺术? Rich

发表于:2019-01-17 / 阅读(144) / 评论(0) 分类 实战口语情景对话

GWEN IFILL: It's likely that everyone watching has spent time in a classroom, either as a student or a teacher. At 3.1 million, school teachers make up one of the largest portions of the American work force. And because teacher turnover is very high,

发表于:2019-01-27 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 PBS访谈教育系列

JEFFREY BROWN:Now, assessing the value of a college education. It's an old question being debated anew in these difficult economic times. We taped our discussion yesterday and began with some background. It's the time of year for happy graduates and

发表于:2019-01-27 / 阅读(82) / 评论(0) 分类 PBS访谈教育系列

JUDY WOODRUFF: A day after the president's State of the Union address, both Republicans and Democrats predict most of his proposals won't go very far. The gridlock in Washington has left the heavy lifting of government to more local levels, the citie

发表于:2019-01-27 / 阅读(48) / 评论(0) 分类 PBS访谈商业系列