时间:2018-12-25 作者:英语课 分类:洪恩环境英语


英语课

  Lesson 8  How Long Hanve You Known Him?

你认识他多久了

Mike!I'm so happy that you're directing.

迈克,你当导演我真高兴。

I'm glad to help.I'll do anything to make you take a vacation.

我很愿意帮忙,我会尽我所能让你去度假的,玛丽亚。

You need it,Maria.  Maybe you'll like directing.

你需要度假了。   或许你会喜欢上当导演的。

I'm happy to help Steven and Connie.

我很高兴能给史蒂文和康妮帮点儿忙,

But I love cameras.I'm not a director.   Oh,come on.Everyone is ambitious 1.

但我喜欢摄影,我不是导演。 噢,得了吧,每个人都有上进心的,

You'll be a good director.   Maybe.But only for two weeks...

你会成为一名好导演的。可能吧。但只干两周。。。

How long have you known me,Maria?    I've known you for six years,I think.

玛丽亚,你认识我多久了?  我想,我认识你六年了。

You've known me for ten years,Maria.

玛丽亚,你认识我十年了,

You've known me since I lived in St.Louis.Remember?

自从我住在圣.路易斯你就认识我了,想起来了吗?

I always loved to shoot pictures.

我一直喜欢摄影。

I've known you since St.Louis?Well,OK,that's a long time.

自从你到圣.路易斯我就认识你了吗? 噢,那可是很长时间了。

You were a good photographer.  And you can be a good director too.

你是个优秀的摄影师,你也能成为一名好导演的。

I love to shoot pictures.I'm not a director.

我喜欢摄影,我不是个导演,

I'll help Steven,but I want my old job as cameraperson.

我会帮史蒂文的,但我还要干我的老本行——当摄影师。

Well,I love having you here,Mike.And thanks for helping 2.

好,迈克,我喜欢你在这儿工作,谢谢你的帮助。

Take one...Three,two,one.

片段一,。。。三,二,二

This is Connie Swift with the second in our series on education and jobs.

现在是关于教育和就业系列节目之二,我是康妮.斯威夫特。

Most Americans follow the same career all their lives.

大多数美国人一生只干一种工作

My first job was at a newspaper.

我的第一份工作是在一家报社。

I've reported the news for five years.

报道新闻也有五年了。

We decided 3 to ask people this question,"How long have you had your job?"

我们决定问问人们这个问题:“你做自己的工作有多长时间了?”

We asked,"What do you do?How long have you done it?"

我们要问:“你是做什么工作的?你做了多长时间了?”

OK,cut.Thanks,Mike.

好,停!谢谢,迈克,

By the way,how long have you been a cameraman?

顺便问一问,你当了多长时间的摄影师了?

I've been in television for ten years,since I left the army.

从我退役以后,我从事电视节目制儿工作十年了,

And I still love it.  I've been a banker since 1982.

我仍很喜欢这份工作。我自从1982年就是银行家。

I've been a housewife for five years.

我当了五年的家庭主妇了。

I've been an accountant since 1970.

我自从1970年就当会计。

I'm unemployed 4.I haven't worked for six months.

我待业,我已经失业六个月了。

I've been a carpenter for sixteen years.

我干了16年的木匠了。

I owned my own business,but I sold it and retired 5 last year.

我自己开公司,但我去年把它卖了,然后就歇着了。

I've been retired since May of last year.

我从去年五月就退休了。

I've been unemployed since last summer.

我从去年夏天就失业了。

Where's Steven?He's very late.

史蒂文在哪儿?这么晚了还没来。

Since his wife got pregnant,he's been very busy.

他妻子怀孕后,他就一直很忙,

Let's begin without him.

我们不等他了,开始吧。

No.He has to do this story with you.I'm leaving,remember?

不行,他必须与你一同做这个节目。记住了吗?

When do you leave? I leave tomorrow evening.

你什么时候走?我明天晚上走。

We have so much to do.You can't leave tomorrow.

我们有好多事情要做,你明天不能走。

I've had these airplane reservations since August,Connie.  I'm leaving tomorrow.

我八月就订了飞机票,康妮。我明天走。

We'd better wait for Steven.Is Sam Finch 6 meething you in Denver?

我们最好等等史蒂文。山姆.芬奇在丹佛与你会面吗?

No.He's meeting me in Aspen.

不,他将在奥斯本与我会面。

We're skiing together on Thursday morning.

我们周四早上要一起滑雪。

How long have you known him?

你认识他多久了?

Oh.I've known him for a long time.

噢,我认识他很长时间了。

How long?

有多久?

Well,let's see.He's been in New York for three years.

噢,让我想想,他在纽约三年了,

I knew him for five years in St.Louis.So,

我在圣.路易斯认识他五年了,

we've known each other for eight or nine years.

那么我们认识八,九年了。

This sounds serious.

听起来你是当真的哦。

We're very good friends.I like him,but I'm not sure if it's serious.

我们是很好的朋友,我喜欢他,但我不清楚是不是那么回事。

I'll find out in Aspen.

到奥斯本后我会弄清楚的。



1 ambitious
adj.有雄心的,劲头十足的,有野心的
  • One may be poor but never ceases to be ambitious.人穷志不穷。
  • He is an ambitious young man full of enthusiasm and vitality.他是个充满热情与活力的有远大抱负的青年。
2 helping
n.食物的一份&adj.帮助人的,辅助的
  • The poor children regularly pony up for a second helping of my hamburger. 那些可怜的孩子们总是要求我把我的汉堡包再给他们一份。
  • By doing this, they may at times be helping to restore competition. 这样一来, 他在某些时候,有助于竞争的加强。
3 decided
adj.决定了的,坚决的;明显的,明确的
  • This gave them a decided advantage over their opponents.这使他们比对手具有明显的优势。
  • There is a decided difference between British and Chinese way of greeting.英国人和中国人打招呼的方式有很明显的区别。
4 unemployed
adj.失业的,没有工作的;未动用的,闲置的
  • There are now over four million unemployed workers in this country.这个国家现有四百万失业人员。
  • The unemployed hunger for jobs.失业者渴望得到工作。
5 retired
adj.隐退的,退休的,退役的
  • The old man retired to the country for rest.这位老人下乡休息去了。
  • Many retired people take up gardening as a hobby.许多退休的人都以从事园艺为嗜好。
6 finch
n.雀科鸣禽(如燕雀,金丝雀等)
  • This behaviour is commonly observed among several species of finch.这种行为常常可以在几种雀科鸣禽中看到。
  • In Australia,it is predominantly called the Gouldian Finch.在澳大利亚,它主要还是被称之为胡锦雀。