听歌学英语:再见 Goodbye
时间:2018-12-18 作者:英语课 分类:2018年NPR美国国家公共电台8月
I was a hot mess in my Sunday best
無論將外表打扮得再光鮮亮麗
也掩飾不了我被你搞得一團糟的內心
Black tears in my eyes還有那一張哭花了的臉
You were my first love你是我的初戀
You were my only one也是我唯一的愛人
I can't believe your lies但我再也無法相信你的謊言
Once we were like bottle rockets曾經我們昙花一现。
Now I know I have to stop it 我知道一切都该叫停了
Please believe me相信我
This isn't easy要將這句話說出口一點都不容易
I just need to say goodbye但我還是必須狠下心向你道別
Goodbye親愛的
Goodbye再見了
Losin' my mind快疯掉
Goodbye永遠別見了
You got a new friend你身邊多個新朋友
You like to play pretend你喜欢若无其事
I'm just keepin' my cool那麼我也只好故作鎮定
Turn on that smoke machine打开烟雾制造机,
Magic and make-believe上演魔术和幻境
She'll never know you like I do她永遠無法像我一樣瞭解你
Once we were a fire burnin我们也曾热恋过
Now you're just a lesson I'm learnin'如今你卻淪為愛情讓我學到的一個教訓
Please believe me請你相信我
This isn't easy要將這句話說出口一點都不容易
I just need to say goodbye但我還是必須狠下心向你道別
Goodbye親愛的
Goodbye再見了
Losin' my mind快疯掉了
Goodbye永遠別見了
I know that I can find somebody我知道我將會遇見一個比你更好的人
You won't ever find nobody else like me但你卻再也不可能找到一個比我更愛你的人
Once we were like bottle rockets曾经的我们就像昙花一现
Now I know I have to stop it如今我卻必須踩煞車停下來
Please believe me請你相信我
This isn't easy要將這句話說出口一點都不容易
I just need to say goodbye但我還是必須狠下心向你道別
Goodbye親愛的
Goodbye再見了
Losin' my mind快疯掉了
Goodbye永遠別見了
Sunday best 最好的衣服;盛装
They all came in their Sunday best and I felt out of place in my casual clothes. 他们都穿着节日的服装,而我穿着便服,有点格格不入的感觉。
bottle rocket: A thing, or person that is today's hot item and is gone tomorrow. From the way a bottle rocket shoots into the sky goes bang and is gone. A one hit wonder. 昙花一现的人或事物
cool:凉快的;
Thank goodness it's cool in here 谢天谢地,这里面挺凉快。
In warm weather, you should wear clothing that is cool and comfortable. 在热天里,应该穿凉快舒适的衣服。
adj 很酷;非常不错;
You look pretty cool with that new haircut. 你新剪的发型真酷。
It's a cool movie. 那部电影真棒。
He was trying to be really cool and trendy.他竭力想扮酷,赶时髦。
adj 冷漠的;冷淡的
I didn't like him at all. I thought he was cool, aloof 1, and arrogant 2 我一点也不喜欢他,觉得他冷漠、孤僻而且傲慢。 ( aloof [?'luf] adj. 冷淡的;远离的;冷漠的)
The idea met with a cool response 人们对这个想法反应冷淡。
adj 坦然接受的;心平气和的
I was surprised that she got the job, but I'm cool with it (= it's not a problem for me) . 我对于她得到这份工作感到惊讶,不过对我来说无所谓。
Bev was really cool about it all.贝芙对这一切都表现得相当平静。
cool it 冷静下来;别激动
Can't you guys just cool it?你们能不能冷静一下?
Hey man! Put that gun down and cool it! 伙计,把枪放下。冷静一下。
lose sb's cool失去冷静
The big Irishman was on the verge 3 of losing his cool. 那个高大的爱尔兰人快要失去冷静了。
keep sb's cool保持冷静
She kept her cool and managed to get herself out of the ordeal 4 她保持着冷静,努力使自己走出了这次痛苦的经历。
测试:
It's OK, man. I'm cool.
Are we cool?
- Never stand aloof from the masses.千万不可脱离群众。
- On the evening the girl kept herself timidly aloof from the crowd.这小女孩在晚会上一直胆怯地远离人群。
- You've got to get rid of your arrogant ways.你这骄傲劲儿得好好改改。
- People are waking up that he is arrogant.人们开始认识到他很傲慢。