商务礼节美语第7期:购买纪念品(1)
时间:2018-12-16 作者:英语课 分类:标准美语发音的13个秘诀 CD4
公司副总裁Jason到上海,由Gina接待。
Jason: Hello Gina! We've spoken so many times on the phone but's it's so good to finally meet you in person!吉娜你好!我们通过电话聊了这么久,现在见到你本人了感觉真好!
G: Hello sir. Good to meet you, too. 先生您好,我也很高兴能见到您啊。
J: Oh, please don't call me "sir." Just call me Jason. 哦,请别叫我先生了,就叫我詹森吧。
G: Ok, Jason. So how was the flight? 好的,詹森,坐飞机顺利吗?
J: Pretty good. There was a bit of turbulence 1 while we were over the Pacific Ocean but it wasn't too bad. The worst thing was the guy behind me. He snored all through the night! 挺顺利的。就是经过太平洋的时候有气流但是不是很糟糕。最糟糕的是坐在我后面的人打了一夜的呼噜。
G: Really? But you were in first class! Nobody woke that guy up? 真的吗?但是那你是在头等舱啊!没有人叫醒那个人吗?
Jason和Gina以前只在电话上沟通过,Jason说,it's so good to finally meet you in person, 见到你本人很高兴。寒暄过后,Gina问Jason路上是否顺利,Jason说,飞机在太平洋上空遇到气流有些颠簸,turbulence is spelled t-u-r-b-u-l-e-n-c-e, turbulence,是气流的意思。但最糟糕的是,坐在Jason后面的人打了一夜呼噜。
J: The stewardess 2 said it's not company policy to wake people up for any reason. 空姐说公司规定说没有任何理由叫醒飞机上的乘客。
G: That's terrible! So you didn't get any sleep? 太槽糕了!所以说你根本没有睡着了?
J: Not much...but that's ok...I'm a night owl 3 anyway. 睡着很短的时间……但是还行……因为我是个夜猫子。
G: So, aside from visiting our factory and offices, are there any other things you want to accomplish while you're in China? 所以,除了参观我们的工厂和办公室,还有什么是你来到中国想做的吗?
J: I'd love to squeeze 4 in a trip to the Great Wall. 我想抽点时间去长城。
G: That's not a problem. We can have a company car take you there. It's only about a two hour drive. 那没问题。我们能开公司的车带你去。只需要2个小时左右就能到了。
空服拒绝把打呼噜的人叫醒,因为it's not company policy,不符合公司规定。Jason说,自己反正是a night owl, 夜猫子,所以问题不大。除了视察工作外,Jason说还想抽时间去爬长城,I'd love to squeeze in a trip to the Great Wall. Gina说,长城不远,只要两小时车程,所以没问题。
J: Also...I'd like to do some shopping while I'm here. 还有,在这边我还想买点东西。
G: Well, you've come to the right place! China is a shopping paradise 5. Name it—we've got it. 嗯,你来对地方了!中国是一个购物天堂。直说吧,我们有很多好东西。
J: To be honest, I'm not really sure what I'm looking for. But I need gifts for my wife, kids and I should bring something back for the senior partners of my firm as well. 实话说,我不是很确信我要买什么。但是我需要给我的妻子,孩子和公司的合伙人买礼物。
G: Hum...I'd recommend silk for your wife. Maybe a bathrobe or perhaps a shawl. Silk dresses and shirts are good, too. 嗯,我建议给你的妻子买丝绸。也许是件睡衣或者是一条围巾。丝绸的以衣服和衬衣也不错。
J: Yeah...that sounds good. But my wife is picky so I'll need your help to choose the right one. It should be classy and not too flashy. 是的……听起来不错。但是我的妻子很挑剔所以我需要你帮我选件合适的。衣服要典雅,不能过于招摇过市。
G: I think I know just the store to visit. Leave it to me. 我想我知道哪个店可以买到合适的了。交给我吧。
除了观光,Jason还想购物,给太太、孩子和公司合伙人买礼物。Gina建议Jason给太太买丝绸制品。Jason说太太很picky,picky is spelled p-i-c-k-y, picky,picky,是挑剔的意思,衣服要典雅classy, 不能过于招摇,flashy. Gina说,leave it to me,包在我身上。
- The turbulence caused the plane to turn over.空气的激流导致飞机翻转。
- The world advances amidst turbulence.世界在动荡中前进。
- Please show your ticket to the stewardess when you board the plane.登机时请向空中小姐出示机票。
- The stewardess hurried the passengers onto the plane.空中小姐催乘客赶快登机。
- Her new glasses make her look like an owl.她的新眼镜让她看上去像只猫头鹰。
- I'm a night owl and seldom go to bed until after midnight.我睡得很晚,经常半夜后才睡觉。