面试三句话必胜法则:马上有工作
英语课
To galvanize your job search and lead you to your new dream job, your communications with any prospective 1 employer — whether via phone, email or during a job interview — must incorporate these three messages:
为了让你找工作少走弯路并最终找到理想的工作,无论通过电话、电子邮件或是工作面试,你在与任何潜在雇主的交流中都应该包括以下三点信息:
1. Here's what I've got.
这是我已经能做的。
You’ll notice this isn’t “Here’s what I know.” Your employer doesn’t care about what you know. In fact, what you know has little relevance 2 to your employer.
可能你注意到了,我说的不是“这是我已经知道的。”你老板不会关心你所知道的。事实上,你知道的那些和你老板一点关系也没有。
It’s what you can do with what you know that really counts. Nothing else matters, but this is where the majority of people go wrong.
真正重要的是你用知识能做些什么;别的什么不重要,但这恰恰是大部分人误解的地方。
Just because you have specialized 3 knowledge doesn’t mean you should be employed.
只因为你有专业知识就录用你是说不过去的。
2. Here's what I will do for you.
这是我能为贵公司做的。
This is the step where you demonstrate your enthusiasm for the position.
通过这一步,你可以向老板展示你对这个职位的热情。
Your attitude will come through in your interactions, so being positive is important. A negative attitude can be poisonous in this step.
你的态度会在你们互动的过程中显露出来,所以保持积极的态度是很重要的。消极的态度在这里是致命的。
Keep in mind that many candidates have experienced the same hardships, but they bring positivity to their interviews. That positivity is not just contagious 4; it makes people want to work with you.
你要记住——很多其他的求职者处境也很艰难,但是他们在面试中表现得很积极。积极的态度能够影响他人,也会让别人愿意和你共事。
3. Here's what I want you to do next for me.
这是我想让贵公司提供给我的。
Don’t ask about compensation and benefits. Instead, let the interviewer broach 5 those topics. Interviewers will often ask applicants 6 what compensation they’re seeking.
不要自己开口问报酬和福利,而是要让面试官打开这个话题。面试官通常会询问求职者的预期薪酬。
When asked this question, a lot of interviewees will say they don’t know or cite a too-high or too-low figure based on guesswork.
当回答这个问题的时候,很多面试者会说不知道,或者仅凭臆想说出一个过高或过低的数目。
In summary, employers are mostly interested in what you can do for them. They really don’t care about your background, except with respect to how you can use it for their benefit.
总的来说,雇主最关心的是你能为公司做什么。他们不会关心你的背景,除非你的背景能为公司创收。
1 prospective
adj.预期的,未来的,前瞻性的
- The story should act as a warning to other prospective buyers.这篇报道应该对其他潜在的购买者起到警示作用。
- They have all these great activities for prospective freshmen.这会举办各种各样的活动来招待未来的新人。
2 relevance
n.中肯,适当,关联,相关性
- Politicians' private lives have no relevance to their public roles.政治家的私生活与他们的公众角色不相关。
- Her ideas have lost all relevance to the modern world.她的想法与现代社会完全脱节。
3 specialized
adj.专门的,专业化的
- There are many specialized agencies in the United Nations.联合国有许多专门机构。
- These tools are very specialized.这些是专用工具。
4 contagious
adj.传染性的,有感染力的
- It's a highly contagious infection.这种病极易传染。
- He's got a contagious laugh.他的笑富有感染力。
5 broach
v.开瓶,提出(题目)
- It's a good chance to broach the subject.这是开始提出那个问题的好机会。
- I thought I'd better broach the matter with my boss.我想我最好还是跟老板说一下这事。
6 applicants
申请人,求职人( applicant的名词复数 )
- There were over 500 applicants for the job. 有500多人申请这份工作。
- He was impressed by the high calibre of applicants for the job. 求职人员出色的能力给他留下了深刻印象。
标签:
面试