晨读英语美文60篇六级23
时间:2019-01-02 作者:英语课 分类:晨读英语美文60篇
IF
If you can keep your head when all about you
如果在所有失去理智的人指责你的时候
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you;
你仍能保持头脑情形;
If you can trust yourself when all men doubt you,
如果所有人都怀疑你,
But make allowance 1 for their doubting too;
你仍能坚信自己,让所有的怀疑动摇;
If you can wait and not be tired by waiting,
如果你能等待,并不在等待中疲倦
Or, being lied about,don't deal in lies,
容忍谎言,但不让谎言左右你
Or, being hated, don't give way to hating,
为人所恨,不要因此抱恨,
And yet don't look too good, nor talk too wise;
不要太乐观,不要自以为是
If you can dream - and not make dreams your master;
如果你要追梦,但不要被梦主宰;
If you can think - and not make thoughts your aim;
如果你爱思考,请不要光想会达不到目标;
If you can meet with triumph and disaster
如果你能面对成功与失败
And treat those two impostors just the same;
对待它们就像对两个骗子一样一视同仁;
If you can bear to hear the truth you've spoken
Twiseted by knaves 2 to make a trap for fools,
如果你能忍受自己所说的真相被骗子歪曲成制造陷阱的工具
Or watch the things you gave your life to broken,
And stoop and build 'em up with worn-out tools;
或是眼看自己毕生心血付诸东流时可以拿起残破的工具重新来过
If you can make one heap of all your winnings
如果在你赢得无数桂冠之后
And risk it on one turn of pitch-and-toss,
突遇颠峰下跌之险,
And lose, and start again at your beginnings
失败过后,东山再起,
And never breathe a word about your loss;
不要抱怨你的失败;
If you can force your heart and nerve and sinew
如果你能迫使自己,
To serve your turn long after they are gone,
在别人走后,长久坚守阵地,
And so hold on when there is nothing in you
在你心中已空荡荡无一物
Except the Will which says to them:"Hold on!";
只有意志告诉你“坚持!
If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue 3,
如果你与人交谈,能保持风度
Or walk with Kings -nor lose the common touch;
伴王行走,能保持距离;
If neither foes 4 nor loving friends can hurt you;
如果仇敌与挚友都不能伤害到你
If all men count with you, but none too much;
如果所有人都依靠你,但没有人依赖你
If you can fill the unforgiving minute
如果你花六十秒进行短程跑, 填满那不可饶恕的一分钟—
With sixty second' worth of distance run -
你就可以拥有一个世界,
Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,
这个世界的一切都是你的,
And - which is more - you'll be a Man my son!
更重要的是,孩子,你是个顶天立地的人
- My monthly allowance is 50 yuan.我每月的津贴是50元。
- I have to work to earn my allowance.我非得工作挣零用钱。
- Give knaves an inch and they will take a yard. 我一日三餐都吃得很丰盛。 来自互联网
- Knaves and robbers can obtain only what was before possessed by others. 流氓、窃贼只能攫取原先由别人占有的财富。 来自互联网
- He was considered to be a paragon of virtue.他被认为是品德尽善尽美的典范。
- You need to decorate your mind with virtue.你应该用德行美化心灵。